Seeder unit.

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a small farm with a few implements. I want to put an electric broadcast spreader on a 3meter wide styne cultivated so that I can work a paddock up and on the final pass spread seed behind me. Anyone done this or got any tips? I would pay a contractor but where is the fun in that? I just want to broad cast ryegrass or brassica seed maybe some millet.

OzssieDave19":2izmu8x2 said:
Hi there. I have a small farm with a few implements. I want to put an electric broadcast spreader on a 3meter wide styne cultivated so that I can work a paddock up and on the final pass spread seed behind me. Anyone done this or got any tips? I would pay a contractor but where is the fun in that? I just want to broad cast ryegrass or brassica seed maybe some millet.

Herd seeder is the best I've used and I've used a bunch. Any thing from the tiniest grass seed to deer corn.

https://kascomfg.com/herd-broadcast-see ... erspreader

OzssieDave19":2rf9pvnu said:

Install on the front of your tractor.

Brillion till n seed. Coulter blades in the front, drops seed behind the blades, cultipacker in the back to smooth out the seed bed. 3in1 implement. Also has two hoppers to drop 2 different size seeds. Also doesn't plant in rows like a no till. Drops seeds on a steel pan and vibrates them down the funnel so it's evenly distributed. It also has guards that don't allow blades to go deeper than 1/2" so you don't loose seed to improper depth. Best seeded I've come across. Prettiest seed bed I've ever put down.

I usually run my 10' aerator with the cutting knives over the pasture and then come behind with the seeder. Planted fescue, orchard and clover at the same time.

hurleyjd":7rn127y2 said:
OzssieDave19":7rn127y2 said:

I would love to be able to do that. how is it set up?

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a "3meter wide styne cultivated"? I have never heard this expression before.

I bought this Unit to go on the back of my UTV to get on some of the hills a tractor shouldn't be. So far I have been very pleased. I agree with callmefence on the Herds, but I did not want to spend that much at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AWYM3/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Douglas":2ixdvx52 said:
hurleyjd":2ixdvx52 said:
OzssieDave19":2ixdvx52 said:

I would love to be able to do that. how is it set up?

My tractors have a front bumper an it is attached to it. It is electric so a wire set up from power is all you need. Take the tractor and seeder to you local welder and tell him you ant the seeder attached.

Thanks. Would you send a pic of your set up with it on the front of the tractor please

Latest posts