SEC

Help Support CattleToday:

shaneb

Reaction score
Man what a tough win for MS STATE, and what a tough loss for OLE MISS. I hate that for the reciever for Ole Miss. He gave it his all to get to the goal line. I dont blame him for losing that ball. His ankle was NOT attatched when he rolled over. Tough loss for them. MSU needs to get Dac Prescott healthy before we go into Alabama. His running game hurt us tonight.

Some good games today. Both those games were tough. I hate that happened to Treadwell, that was terrible. Ole Miss is going to have a hard time without him. I'm betting Arkansas beats Ole Miss or LSU. They're better than their record shows.

What about Florida beating up on Georgia! They going to put it on FSU!

Sorry about Ole Miss. Auburn has all the luck in the world. Their quarterback is from my county, but I lost confidence in him when he got caught stealing at GA and Mark Richt put him off the team. But after a year at a junior college Auburn takes him on. Caught during the summer with marijuana, but only sat out half a game for punishment.
Very disappointed in my Dawgs today. They just got outplayed. They never have any luck. Gurley's punishment was too much.

Williamsv":1g1u690w said:
Sorry about Ole Miss. Auburn has all the luck in the world. Their quarterback is from my county, but I lost confidence in him when he got caught stealing at GA and Mark Richt put him off the team. But after a year at a junior college Auburn takes him on. Caught during the summer with marijuana, but only sat out half a game for punishment.
Very disappointed in my Dawgs today. They just got outplayed. They never have any luck. Gurley's punishment was too much.

I couldn't believe the way that Georgia vs Florida game went. i honestly thought Georiga was going to win the SEC Championship and go to theplayoff. Lookslike Mizzou has the best chance of winning the east now. It just goes to show you when it's a big rivalry game the records are out the door. I agree Gurley's punishment was to much. I have a lot of respect for Coach Richt though.

Bama to #1 next week. Can Bama and FSU play for the championship if they both win out? I see no reason why not. Good luck to you MSST fans, your going to need it. Hopefully FSU will win out and meet the Ducks in the playoffs.

highgrit":35l02leh said:
Bama to #1 next week. Can Bama and FSU play for the championship if they both win out? I see no reason why not. Good luck to you MSST fans, your going to need it. Hopefully FSU will win out and meet the Ducks in the playoffs.

• Texas Pride Scenario: The two undefeated teams win out, securing the top seeds for Mississippi State and Florida State. Oregon loses in the Pac-12 championship game. TCU and Baylor win out, finishing with 11-1 records and sharing the Big 12 title. That could give us these first-round playoff pairings: Mississippi State-Baylor and Florida State-TCU. Taken a step farther, victories by the Horned Frogs and Bears would give us a TCU-Baylor title game Jan. 12 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

• Big 12 Nightmare Scenario: TCU loses its Nov. 27 game at Texas (5-5). No. 7 Kansas State (7-2) rebounds from a Nov. 20 loss at West Virginia (6-4) to knock off Baylor on Dec. 6 in Waco. No other upsets occur. That means TCU, Baylor and K-State would share the Big 12 title, all with two losses in league play ... one too many losses, in all likelihood, for any of the three to land a spot in the CFP playoff.

• SEC Overload Scenario: No. 5 Alabama (8-1) hands No. 1 Mississippi State (9-0) its first loss when the teams meet Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The victory gives the Crimson Tide the tiebreaker to represent the SEC West in the conference championship game, where Alabama claims the title. Mississippi State finishes 11-1 and joins Alabama, the SEC champion, in the four-team playoff bracket.

• Armageddon Scenario: It would require some upsets, but there is a way that all nine teams in our realistic playoff pool could bring two losses to the table for CFP committee deliberations on Dec. 7. And it's not that far-fetched.

Here's how:

• No. 1 Mississippi State loses road games against No. 5 Alabama (Saturday) and No. 11 Ole Miss (Nov. 29). No. 2 Florida State loses to in-state rivals Miami (Saturday) and Florida (Nov. 29).

• No. 4 Oregon falls in the Pac-12 championship game to No. 7 Arizona State, one week after the Sun Devils close the regular season with a loss at No. 19 Arizona (Nov. 28).

• Elsewhere, Alabama falls to No. 3 Auburn (Nov. 29), No. 6 TCU loses to Texas (Nov. 27), K-State knocks off No. 12 Baylor (Dec. 6) and No. 13 Nebraska (8-1) loses Saturday at Wisconsin before rebounding to take down No. 14 Ohio State (8-1) in the Big Ten championship game.

What happens if all of that craziness unfolds? Eventually, somebody might have to notice Marshall (9-0), the only undefeated FBS team that has yet to surface in the CFP rankings this season.

Jimmy Burch, 817-390-7760 Twitter: @Jimmy_Burch

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/11/09 ... rylink=cpy

a7a0fee59f3703ff5dbba1be162f6c76.image.225x225.jpg

Didn't say I understood it.......

TexasBred":2jfiepiv said:
As someone else said "The SEC is cannibalizing itself now". Preying on each other.

if Alabama beats MS and auburn beats Alabama and Ole miss beats MS and Missouri win the SEC championship. The sec will not be represented in the 4 team play off.

how's that for the best conference ever.

M5farm":28xhsv5f said:
TexasBred":28xhsv5f said:
As someone else said "The SEC is cannibalizing itself now". Preying on each other.

if Alabama beats MS and auburn beats Alabama and Ole miss beats MS and Missouri win the SEC championship. The sec will not be represented in the 4 team play off.

True enough...if it was the NFL there would be a realignment on the horizon.

M5farm":x57is5xm said:
TexasBred":x57is5xm said:

That's an awful lot of "if" right there.

I'm going on the record now as saying Florida will send you boys packing and even though you'll just have one loss the committee will drop the Noles in a split second.

M5farm":3or0yeas said:
TexasBred":3or0yeas said:

What I don't understand is all these SEC teams Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Miss State have been in the top 5 this year. LSU, Georgia and Texas A&M and maybe even Missouri and South Carolina have been in the top 10. Missouri did lose an out of conference game but the rest especially the SEC west teams have beaten each other. So if a top 10 teams beats another top 10 team does that mean that team is no longer a top 10 team. If 2 heavyweight boxers have 20 to 25 fights each and they are both undefeated and they fight each other. One has to lose. Does that mean he is not better than all those other fighters that have already been beaten?

New rankings are out. TCU jumped Ala and Baylor. The committee is not impressed with undefeated FSU, but is with 1 loss Oregon.

Here's the full list of rankings:

1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. TCU
5. Alabama
6. Arizona State
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Auburn
10. Ole Miss
11. UCLA
12. Michigan State
13. Kansas State
14. Arizona
15. Georgia
16. Nebraska
17. LSU
18. Notre Dame
19. Clemson
20. Wisconsin
21. Duke
22. Georgia Tech
23. Utah
24. Texas A&M
25. Marshall ;-) :lol:

I personally believe Baylor has a better and overall stronger team than TCU.

Latest posts