Scabs?

Help Support CattleToday:

wstevenl

Reaction score
I noticed a few days ago that my 13 month old steer had some scabs forming right at the fold of his tail on both sides (like when you get chiggers in your armpit or waistband) then this morning I noticed that my 13 month old bull was getting the same thing, it was just harder to notice because he's dun. The sores are crusty, scabby spots on the tail and the bare skin under/next to it so when he moves his tail, they rub together. It sounds really gross when I explain it! It's got little cracks in the crust and flies are starting to come to it.

What should I do? They have both been wormed with cydectin pour on. From what I could find it might be mites??
Will it go away or just get worse if I leave it alone?

thanks..

I feels stupid but maybe I should have said that both animals have some warts on their faces. These are all dry warts that don't attract any flies or anything.

I had the exact same thing you described on some of my 6-7 Months bulls and some cows last year. We asked a vet about it and he said could be some kind of heat rash caused from sweat and other stuff iritating the bulls and cows. As the tempatures went down the rash or scabs went away.

Latest posts