Savage Axis?

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1rcuikuv said:
The .243 licks 20% less than a 30-30 of the same weight. Maybe it's because of the stock design but i have never shot anything i despised more than a Model 336.

We agree on a 336 now a Marlin 93, 94 or a Winchester 94 I like.

I had a real sweet Model 94 Winchester. Killed my first and many other deer with it. Finally had a chance to sell it for an obscene amount of money and used the money to build a target rifle. Everyone involved in that deal came out happy.

highgrit":3eanzw6c said:
If your walking with me your gun needs to be unloaded. A deer is not worth someone getting shot. When I was growing up every gun was loaded except when it was being cleaned. Had a friend blow his leg off with his blackpowder shotgun while he was reaching for a beer. My back and head was covered with his meat. And yes I have always thought a 30-30 kicked way to hard for a kid. A nice 243win is a great starter gun.

I am going to take my kids to the mountains when they are ready to deer hunt and they will be using my browning xbolt. If yall want to talk about something that kicks my rem 7mm with synthetic stock kicks worse than my 300 i have only shot it 5 times since I owned it and that was to sight in the scope

I have an Axis .223 that is 1 year old , bought it for a pickup gun , it seams to be accurate have shot coyotes out to about 250 yrds. trigger is kind of hard pull don't really like that, had trouble with it miss-firing so I called Savage they were real helpfull had me send it in and they fixed it , they knew what the problem was because it was not the first one to do it
but for a cheap pickup gun i guess it will work but I would not get one as a gun that I wanted to be something for a life time of use
kev

Latest posts