SAV America had nothing on this

Help Support CattleToday:

Her mother, Ivanavinalot never taught her sticking out tongue at folks was bad manners.

Born 2013 career earnings 4.69 million 15 races 13 wins 2nds once by a nose, other by a neck
Retired August 2017 with damaged rear ligaments and lesion on front cannon bone.
Songbird sold as a broodmare in November 2017 for 9.5 mil (not a record for broodmares)
Her 1st foal (a filly) was born January 28, 2019.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
What's up with her tongue?

We call that a "tongue sucker". Nervous horses do that, and when you are showing them it is a pain in the rear! Hard habit to break on a horse.

Ryder said:
Who bought her?
Conglomerates I suppose.
Songbird was sold to Mandy Pope age 55 Whispering Hill Farm, Citra, Florida.

Mandy bought her 1st thoroughbred more than 38 years ago while in high school in 1980.
In 2012 she paid record 10 million for broodmare Havre de Grace 2011 American Horse of the Year.
It was recommended to send her to Ireland to be bred to Galileo the worldwide sire of champions.
$175,000 per live foal.
Mandy said, "No. It makes sense from a business standpoint, but I like to be able to come to the farm and pet my horses and feed them carrots."

Havre de Grace was sent to be boarded in Kentucky and bred to Tappit who finished 9th of 18 in
2004 Kentucky Derby won by Smarty Jones. Tappit's stud fee at the time was $125,000 per live foal
and is currently 300k the highest in America.
Tappit was purchased as a yearling for $625,000 racing career 6-3 earnings $557,300 and his
stud fee earnings to date are an estimated 140 million dollars.

Amanda "Mandy" Pope is the daughter of John William Pope.
She is the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Variety Wholesalers Inc.,
a company started by her grandfather, which her father grew to 228 stores by 1981.
She is also Vice Chairman, secretary and treasurer of the John William Pope Foundation.
Her father died in 2006 and her older brother is the Board Chairman.

Latest posts