Sauces

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Am preparing fillet with a Monkeygland sauce tonight. Thought I'd share the recipe as it is one of my favorites. This sauce is great on hamburgers as well. There is no monkey or monkey's glands in the recipe :p

1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 chili, seeded and chopped
1 T Olive oil
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Chutney
5 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup orange juice or water
3 T white vinegar
4 T brown sugar
1 T fresh ginger grated
3 T red wine
2 T tomato sauce(ketchup)
Salt + black pepper

Fry the onions, garlic and chili in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a medium heat for about 30 minutes until thick.

If you have a good sauce to share with us please do :D

my favorite sauce for a steak is cook it 10 seconds on each side and put it on a plate. the sauce will come out when you cut it. then sop it up with a piece of light bread.

alisonb":1pn8ycdp said:
Am preparing fillet with a Monkeygland sauce tonight. Thought I'd share the recipe as it is one of my favorites. This sauce is great on hamburgers as well. There is no monkey or monkey's glands in the recipe :p

And we're suppose to take your word for that?? I was going to ask "Which Gland" and did the monkey donate willingly. :cowboy:

M5farm":h6p1l46m said:
my favorite sauce for a steak is cook it 10 seconds on each side and put it on a plate. the sauce will come out when you cut it. then sop it up with a piece of light bread.
That's the sauce we use too. We alwasy called it "Stingy Booya", have no idea where that came from other then my Dad.

dun":3ol3ay57 said:
M5farm":3ol3ay57 said:
That's the sauce we use too. We alwasy called it "Stingy Booya", have no idea where that came from other then my Dad.
As I have stated before my dad was a butcher for 45yrs and I grew up eating very raw meat. and I have trained my kids the same way. My daughter heard me tell a waitress one time to "knock the horns off, put it on a plate and what I don't eat I'll ride it home" when we went out a few weeks ago for her 21st birthday the look on the waitress face when my little girl told her my saying was priceless.

M5farm":gzt00wsw said:
dun":gzt00wsw said:
M5farm":gzt00wsw said:
As I have stated before my dad was a butcher for 45yrs and I grew up eating very raw meat. and I have trained my kids the same way. My daughter heard me tell a waitress one time to "knock the horns off, put it on a plate and what I don't eat I'll ride it home" when we went out a few weeks ago for her 21st birthday the look on the waitress face when my little girl told her my saying was priceless.
My mother was one of those cooks that if it wasn;t the consitancy of shoe sole it wasn't cooked. Once I got away from home I started eating rare meat. The kind that the restaurant puts 5-6 rare stickers.

dun":1eqg8zix said:
M5farm":1eqg8zix said:
Hope you at least add a little salt+pepper ;-)

C'mon guys, don't give me grief...try the recipe and let me know what you think of it....maybe we can give it another name or add a little of 'something' to it :D

Latest posts