Satan comes to church

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
It's a Sunday morning in an old rural church that is packed when *BOOM! CRASH*... thunder roars, the wind howls... and *POOF*! There in the middle of the church appears the devil.

People start screaming. There's panic and mayhem as everyone runs for the exits...well... almost everyone.

Two people are still there in the church, in the presence of Satan. One is the pastor, and the other is an old farmer.

Well, Satan is a bit perplexed. He points to the pastor and says, "You, I can understand not running and hiding from me. You are here in your Lord's house. You preach against me every day and you are not afraid. But YOU!" he points to the old farmer sitting calmly in a pew, "Why did you not run from me?"

The farmer crosses one leg over the other, pulls the toothpick he was chewing out of his mouth... "Me? Why, I'm surprised you don't recognize me. I've been married to your sister for 38 years." :shock:

Beautiful! As a pastor for about 40 yrs, I think I have had some of the devil's sisters and brothers as members in my churches. They disguise themselves as deacons and WMU ladies. (just joking of course, I don't want to get a fight started. Most of my deacons have been wonderful Christian men and most churches today would fold if not for dedicated WMU ladies

Latest posts