Saler Angus Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
My neighbor has just started producing Saler and Black Angus cross calves. They look growthy but leggy, with a longer curly coat, compared to a straight Angus. They don't look like a great terminal cross. Are they better as replacement heifers?

Leggy, curly coat. Sounds like a discount at the sale barn. Why use Salers when there are Gelbvieh, Limos, Char bulls readily available.?

The French fullbloods had a bad reputation for being hot tempered, at least in the UK. Is that also the case in the USA?

KNERSIE":2olbuh10 said:
The French fullbloods had a bad reputation for being hot tempered, at least in the UK. Is that also the case in the USA?

From what I've seen, yes.

mnmtranching":3gbz7glj said:
Leggy, curly coat. Sounds like a discount at the sale barn. Why use Salers when there are Gelbvieh, Limos, Char bulls readily available.?

This guy is an ex dairy man and seems to like beef cows with a lot of milk.

TNMasterBeefProducer":33rfb8bg said:
Again,

That has been bred out of them.

Maybe you should explain that to the rest of the high-headed sob's in this country. Or maybe they didn't get the memo.

Of all the breeds that will never touch this dirt under my watch, salers ranks right up there near the top. Not saying they're all bad, but they sure as heck ain't all good.

Latest posts