sale results

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
1200 lb fat as a tick open 3 year old $1.12 cwt, 1255 lb 2nd stage 3 year old $1600

Jogeephus":1wrfmrq2 said:
It sure is tempting to let some of the older ones go isn't it?
I've been thinking of putting about half of the few we have left in a special stock cow sale. Not long ago they were bring over 2500 bucks for big pairs

with those good prices youll want to cull your cows down.ive got 3 12yr old cows im going to cull as soon as i can.

I did some inverse truck weaning not too long ago and it paid off really well. I do think I stunted the growth of one young calf when it saw its momma heading down the road.

If cull cows and bulls follow the normal trends 2 weeks from now they should be higher. FPL in GA has been shut down from a fire for several weeks and they should open back up soon also. It is the largest privately owned slaughter facility in the US.

dun":32gfes3q said:
Jogeephus":32gfes3q said:
I've been thinking of putting about half of the few we have left in a special stock cow sale. Not long ago they were bring over 2500 bucks for big pairs
If you do sell some at the special sale let me know, I will come up and try to get you a few more dollars.

denvermartinfarms":wbsf2ksv said:
dun":wbsf2ksv said:
Jogeephus":wbsf2ksv said:
If you do sell some at the special sale let me know, I will come up and try to get you a few more dollars.
I've checked around, apparantly there aren;t going to be any special stock cow sales till July or August. Lack of producer demand was given as the reason.

dun":11h8f9di said:
denvermartinfarms":11h8f9di said:
dun":11h8f9di said:
I've checked around, apparantly there aren;t going to be any special stock cow sales till July or August. Lack of producer demand was given as the reason.
Yep, I was gonna come up there last Thursday evening, but I called Andy and he said they wasn't having it.

denvermartinfarms":2dghxsh1 said:
Yep, I was gonna come up there last Thursday evening, but I called Andy and he said they wasn't having it.
I checked witth a couple of other barns after he told me they weren;t going to have one. I think Vienna had one a week or so ago.

I sold my daughter's not yet a yearling bull. He weighed 750 (no supplemental feed) and brought $1.51 lb. She was very happy.
The price of beef has really jumped at the grocery store too.

chippie":4lu2y6c7 said:
I sold my daughter's not yet a yearling bull. He weighed 750 (no supplemental feed) and brought $1.51 lb. She was very happy.
The price of beef has really jumped at the grocery store too.
It's high because no one is buying it, at least according to the NC wizard

I guess that is why the big feedlots near our daughter in the Panhandle have closed down too
4fvfcja.gif

skyhightree1":2uz2as8l said:
Good Deal dun.
I mentioend it to the tae vet this morning. It used to be that the prices at Lebanon were always way low. He said that from the barns that he has to visit, there's about a half dozen or so, that the prices here run about the same as everywhere else. New owner a couple of years ago so he has gotten a better clientele then they used to halve. Nice guy too.

Latest posts