Yard sale

Help Support CattleToday:

It is an addiction. I think about stopping but I already have enough cast iron pans and pots to cook for an army.

When I was a kid we use to go to Houston to visit an uncle and we could go to those huge neighborhood garage sales in Houston. You could get some nice stuff at a very good price.

I went recently to a big one in SA a couple years ago and it was mostly junk. There were a few decent things but I think most of the good stuff gets sold on facebook and online sites. It was mostly stuff catering to the mexican people.

Those are exactly the things I look for from the road. If they're present, I don't stop.
Absolutely. Lots of clothes is always a hard pass.

I have a nice golf bag I've had for years that was expensive at the time and I paid like $50, brand new, in the plastic. Guy said his wife bought it for him for like fatgers day or some thing but he already had one he liked. I have several garage sale golf clubs also. Hunting stuff is another good one at garage sales. People lose leases or have kids or just get things as gifts they dont want.

I've been to 2 garage sales, 1st one bought an Avon raft for $100 sold it 10 years later for $250. The other one bought a troybilt chipper $50 (didn't run) put gas in it and sold it $400 only needed fuel!

Here's my two creeps in the San Juan Islands putting around the giant yachts at Roche Harbor WA. Fantastic place, we got our $$ out of that raft.
20170219_193907.jpg

I've been to 2 garage sales, 1st one bought an Avon raft for $100 sold it 10 years later for $250. The other one bought a troybilt chipper $50 (didn't run) put gas in it and sold it $400 only needed fuel!

Here's my two creeps in the San Juan Islands putting around the giant yachts at Roche Harbor WA. Fantastic place, we got our $$ out of that raft.
View attachment 7964
I did some logging at the Roche Harbor watershed....... 43 years ago. Some mighty impressive yachts pull in there.

Latest posts