Sale Barns

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
So i went to a breeder cattle sale at the SALE BARN friday night. Apparently there are a few people who didnt get the memo about salebarns being the devil? the house was packed! not a seat in there, i had to stand with several others for the whole sale. I couldnt afford anything female there. they were out of sight. they had some nice Angus bulls 2-4 year olds. they only brought 1400-1500 dollars. had about 6 "no sales" b/c the Angus breeders (2 different guys) wanted 1600 minimum. Some nice Charolais bulls brought about the same.

Beefy":2y0gq2lx said:
So i went to a breeder cattle sale at the SALE BARN friday night. Apparently there are a few people who didnt get the memo about salebarns being the devil? the house was packed! not a seat in there, i had to stand with several others for the whole sale. I couldnt afford anything female there. they were out of sight. they had some nice Angus bulls 2-4 year olds. they only brought 1400-1500 dollars. had about 6 "no sales" b/c the Angus breeders (2 different guys) wanted 1600 minimum. Some nice Charolais bulls brought about the same.

I would suspect there are many here - myself included - who use the sale barn.

They are not the devil - they are a necessity. One simply has to be careful.

Wish prices were that good up north.

Have a good one.

Bez!

I use them too. I take all my prolapse cows there. I got one cow that keeps breaking my wire gaps, taking her there monday. Always wondered who bought those cows.

please tell me it isn't so!
people actually GO to the den of all evil the lowly sale barn!
nooo please don't tell me that some of you go with the intent on buying?
it is immpossible for quality cattle to be sold at the sale barn, and only US IDIOTS would ever consider buying from one! :D especially with the intent of making any money :D

Beefy I'm just glad you didn't buy anything. Your place would already be overrun with disease and everything would have been sterile or gone lame before you got it home. Whew. That was a close one.

OMG! it was like, sooooo grody! i had to, like, totally take a show-wer and spray myself with lysol after i got out. I burned the clothes i was like wearing and i just hope i didnt release any like gnarly infectious organisms into the like air. i like barely got out of there alive, yo. it was like sooooooooo grody! i'm talking like dope nasty. it was whack, yo!

beefy
go to the nearest church!
confess your sin!!
there is a very slight chance you can still be forgiven for this trangression!
i bet the devil his-self was the auctioneer :D

Guilty as charged....we buy from the sale on occasion. Up here you know who's cattle are in the ring and some folks have a reputation for good sound cattle and the price reflects this.
Only brought home one non-team player...heifer calf off the reservation that left a head sculpture in a wire panel fence...she was back the next week. And she was so calm when we bought her too.
Dmc

Beefy, can I car pool to church with you? I just gotta go to confession as my whole cow herd started from a sale barn!! And I just know I'll have to do extra penence 'cuz the only ones I ever lost were over something as dumb as bloat 'cuz the gate got left open. I sure hope you can drive fast Beefy. We gotta hurry! :D

Does this church hold regular services? Can we make the car pool a regular thing? I need to go nearly every week. Good thing is the two sales I regularly go to are on Friday and Saturday, so if I go repent on Sunday I should be good until the next Friday.
I wonder if there is a vacination that I need to give myself so I wont drag home any killer germs.
Dave

I forgot I will be doing those extra penances with you farmhand. I have lost two cows over the last two years one to milk fever and one to pneumonia.
Can we get to church fast before I lose the entire herd.
Dave

Beefy":1snv2ny6 said:

$1600......no sales? Are you kidding? With feeders and fat cattle as high as they are? Whatever happened to expecting to pay 2 to 2.5 times the price of a fat steer for a bull? You must be talking about cow fresheners........right?

Folks, looks like we'll have to start a confessional convoy to get all of us salebarn infidels our pennance.

Sure hope this doesn't cause some of them PETR-ugh, I mean PETA nuts to start some kind of terroristic salebarn bovine jihad.

Rev Crowder, looks like our redemption & safety is in your hands.

BTW-Does this make us Crowderists or Crowderites??

The way this thread is going could make one wonder if there aren't a number of us already infected by those mad cows. Also, the prices we are paying these days at the sale barn may be confirmation of a massive epidemic of mad cow(buyers) disease.

Please forgive us of our trespasses & Git-R-done.

memanpa":2mcqxc5v said:
it is immpossible for quality cattle to be sold at the sale barn, and only US IDIOTS would ever consider buying from one! :D especially with the intent of making any money :D

I always try to stay away from them nasty old salebarns. ;-)

Caustic Burno":3cdei1er said:
memanpa":3cdei1er said:

I always try to stay away from them nasty old salebarns. ;-)

I also try to stay away from salebarns at least 5 days a week ;-)

lakading":2dfr8j17 said:
Beefy":2dfr8j17 said:

$1600......no sales? Are you kidding? With feeders and fat cattle as high as they are? Whatever happened to expecting to pay 2 to 2.5 times the price of a fat steer for a bull? You must be talking about cow fresheners........right?

2 specifically were some of the best young Angus bulls ive seen around in along time. in fact a couple of this man's bulls went for low 1500's and when he said he wanted 1600 minimum he got it. and he should have i think b/c his bulls were really good in conformation. i recognized some of the bloodlines when he called them out but i dont remember them now. i would have bought both of these bulls if i had gotten there early and gotten a number before the sale but i got there later and didnt bother b/c i didnt really need to buy anything anyway. i dont think any of the bulls bought much over 1600. this was a special breeder cattle sale. i think 1500 is reasonable for a bull.

the other man that nosaled was asking too much i think. i think he just saw the other dude doing it and getting what he asked most of the time and figured he would too. but his stuff wasnt as good.

Latest posts