Sale Barn Report 6/15

Help Support CattleToday:

BC

Reaction score
Calf market was better than expected considering the CME feeder board was down pretty good yesterday. I got 7 steer/bull calves that weighed 480 to 550. They averaged 516 @ $141.43. Two Brangus heifers averaged 595 lbs @ 125.54. Slaughter bulls were off. Packer cows about the same. Very few cows back to country. Did see a good 6 yr old Brangus cow with Charolais cross heifer bring $1575.00

That's better than what I saw at Livingston today. Didn't take any notes, but only saw 1 young Brangus bull and a couple of back to farm heifers I would even think of considering.

They ran a whole crapload of Dexters thru--mixed steers and heifers avg 1.27 as far as I remember--I saw 'em unloading earlier from across the street and thought maybe they were gonna be angus calves--was I ever dis-appointed. Them suckers are TINY!

greybeard":253oux7p said:
That's better than what I saw at Livingston today. Didn't take any notes, but only saw 1 young Brangus bull and a couple of back to farm heifers I would even think of considering.

They ran a whole crapload of Dexters thru--mixed steers and heifers avg 1.27 as far as I remember--I saw 'em unloading earlier from across the street and thought maybe they were gonna be angus calves--was I ever dis-appointed. Them suckers are TINY!

Why would anyone sale barn Dexters???

greybeard":yuzlk2tn said:

Dexters what a waste of time.
I am still south playing paw paw with six of the seven grand kids
Did they wear me out. Feel like I have been run through the auction barn.
Being Father's Day I figured the barn would be packed or empty GB.
Did you stay for the calf sale?

Stayed till about 3pm-they were still running calves thru. I had to get back and get to McCoys before they closed and help wife with cucumbers and tomatoes.

Latest posts