Sale barn cow give me a live one and she’s raising it

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm said:
Bright Raven said:
A pretty calf. Nice to see a sale barn cow pan out.

I'm a very picky buyer at a sale I may go to 3-4 different ones and buy nothing my wife says I waste my time going I tell her I just like to watch

Good looking outfit. Over the years I've known lots of folks that frequently bought cows that way. They have learned what to look for, and seem to do well. I have always been reluctant to buy stockyard cows, but lately I am trying my hand at it too, and so far so good. I had to sell one that I never should have bought, but other than that they are doing what they are supposed to. I have bought quite a few heifers through the stockyards and more often than not they have turned out ok too.

Ky hills said:
DCA farm said:
Bright Raven said:
A pretty calf. Nice to see a sale barn cow pan out.

I'm a very picky buyer at a sale I may go to 3-4 different ones and buy nothing my wife says I waste my time going I tell her I just like to watch

Good looking outfit. Over the years I've known lots of folks that frequently bought cows that way. They have learned what to look for, and seem to do well. I have always been reluctant to buy stockyard cows, but lately I am trying my hand at it too, and so far so good. I had to sell one that I never should have bought, but other than that they are doing what they are supposed to. I have bought quite a few heifers through the stockyards and more often than not they have turned out ok too.
I'm thinking about trying my luck 1 more time before end of year On some older 6/7 year old heavy breds

DCA farm said:
Ky hills said:
DCA farm said:

I'm thinking about trying my luck 1 more time before end of year On some older 6/7 year old heavy breds

Sounds like an ok plan to me, good luck to ya if you do. I bought a cow and calf and two short bred cows about 3 weeks ago. Got the two short bred 1-3 months bred cows for $500 and 550.

Ky hills said:
DCA farm said:
Ky hills said:

Sounds like an ok plan to me, good luck to ya if you do. I bought a cow and calf and two short bred cows about 3 weeks ago. Got the two short bred 1-3 months bred cows for $500 and 550.

That cow in picture was 5 & 5months paid $525 but sold a wet bag older cow ended up paying $270 out of pocket for her and she will lick my fingers dog gentle she's a smaller cow but that don't matter to me to much these days

Latest posts