Sale 8/20

Help Support CattleToday:

5wts carry them through the winter
breed them to an Angus next summer and sell. Plan picking up some more to go with them.
They were just too cheap picked them up for 530 a head

Caustic Burno":bj7kooh0 said:
5wts carry them through the winter
breed them to an Angus next summer and sell. Plan picking up some more to go with them.
They were just too cheap picked them up for 530 a head

Wow that is cheap
I bet you do well on them

TN Cattle Man":30n6nzom said:
Looks like you did well CB... what's the breeding on these ladies?
Brahman bull over crossbreed cows according to the ole boy who sold them. They are heavily Brahman influenced.
Very little interest in young replacements today There was a pen of three as fine of Char cross heifers as a man could want went 1k a piece they were 8wts.
They all have a little hump to them you might be able to see in this pic,

Good looking heifers .. I'm about to sell my calves.. I was contemplating keeping all of my heifers this year.. at a dollar or so a pound I'm definitely keeping them ..

JSCATTLE":fl7o5xke said:
Good looking heifers .. I'm about to sell my calves.. I was contemplating keeping all of my heifers this year.. at a dollar or so a pound I'm definitely keeping them ..

When this upticks and it will those type cows will draw top dollar in the ring.
Only thing bringing top dollar here as a bred cow better be showing ear.
Seen a couple of tiger girls bring 1500 Saturday

Nesikep":3s1esug9 said:
Caustic Burno":3s1esug9 said:
Mrs. came in said she had named them
Einy,Meeny,Miny and said I should have bought Moe.
:lol:
Darn it now.. they're named... you got pets! Ain't no selling them now :p

You might be right she has been hauling them some sweet feed every morning and they come running like dogs.
I will give the old boy credit that produced these he knows how to raise and handle brimmers they are dog gentle and calm.

Caustic Burno":3vup4ybw said:
JSCATTLE":3vup4ybw said:

When this upticks and it will those type cows will draw top dollar in the ring.
Only thing bringing top dollar here as a bred cow better be showing ear.
Seen a couple of tiger girls bring 1500 Saturday
I got 5 red white face, 6 black baldies , and 4 solid black .. all slick hided and 5/8 or better ear .. i just broke up 6 acres to plant for winter pasture .I did that last year and raised 10 heifers for 1200 bucks including 3 rolls of hay seed and fertilizer .. mineral .. they all turned out to be big cows and raised a good first calf ..

JSC those will ring the bell
Everyone has shyt in their neck like the bottom has never fell out before.
I told em it was going to fall out last year sell everything even questionable.
Those prices were not sustainable and a lot of those calves are not even on the rail yet.

The local sale on Friday there weren't many cattle and even less buyers. Heifer calves between 550 and 650 were less than a dollar. Most of the pairs were split with the cow going to slaughter. I think they killed every single bred cow to walk into the ring. I know there was one pen of 10 black cows that were 2 to 4 months bred to an angus bull. Just average older cows. The pen averaged weighing about 1,200 each. They brought $0.55. That works out to $660 a head.

Dave":3ndo6v1c said:
The local sale on Friday there weren't many cattle and even less buyers. Heifer calves between 550 and 650 were less than a dollar. Most of the pairs were split with the cow going to slaughter. I think they killed every single bred cow to walk into the ring. I know there was one pen of 10 black cows that were 2 to 4 months bred to an angus bull. Just average older cows. The pen averaged weighing about 1,200 each. They brought $0.55. That works out to $660 a head.

Awful cheap on those bred cows even at killer prices. Buddy bought some SS pairs with calves 250lb and under and averaged $1225 per. I thought he did dang good for the quality of cow even though they were older.

Latest posts