Round Up - weed killer

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i was told by a local Vet that Round Up sprayed on weeds or grass won't hurt livestock after the Round Up has dried.

The issue is that i want to spray my fence lines and posts to keep the grass & weeds down. But i don't want to cause a problem to my cows nor the horses.

Any one have thoughts on this or know where i can research this?

Alex Fullingim Circle A Ranch Red Bluff, CA

You can go to the manufacterers web site and check it out, they should have that information on the fold out on the container also. I prefer to wait 24 hours after I spray to let the cows back into the area I've sprayed but I've been told the same thing about it only needing to be dry.

dunmovin farms

> i was told by a local Vet that
> Round Up sprayed on weeds or grass
> won't hurt livestock after the
> Round Up has dried.

> The issue is that i want to spray
> my fence lines and posts to keep
> the grass & weeds down. But i
> don't want to cause a problem to
> my cows nor the horses.

> Any one have thoughts on this or
> know where i can research this?

> Alex Fullingim Circle A Ranch Red
> Bluff, CA

>Read the label. There is a domestic animal precaution that ingestion of the product or LARGE amounts of freshly sprayed forage MAY result in gastrointestional irritation. (diarrhea, vomiting etc.) Just provide the animal with plenty of water to prevent dehydration.

Confining an animal to freshly sprayed forage would be a poor decision. Otherwise it would be highly improbable that a grazing animal would ingest enough sprayed forage to cause any adverse symptoms. Roundup is a toxilogically, safe herbicide with low mammalian toxicity. I have never seen a problem with a grazing animal. Confining animals to freshly sprayed forage might slightly increase any risk. There is no label precaution on forage once the spray has dried.

i was told by a local Vet that
> Round Up sprayed on weeds or grass
> won't hurt livestock after the
> Round Up has dried.

> The issue is that i want to spray
> my fence lines and posts to keep
> the grass & weeds down. But i
> don't want to cause a problem to
> my cows nor the horses.

> Any one have thoughts on this or
> know where i can research this?

> Alex Fullingim Circle A Ranch Red
> Bluff, CA

[email protected]

I've just lately started spraying cheap vinegar on weeds, and it sure kills them. I have no idea what this might do in the long range, so I'm being careful around trees. Any advice?

Latest posts