rodeo queen/princess

Help Support CattleToday:

Miss Daisy

Reaction score
This is a bit far off, but has anyone on here competed for rodeo queen/princess? If so, could you share some experiences or advice? Maybe about the interview or demonstration of riding abilities. Thanks

The young lady who helps me work horses and clean stalls is a current county rodeo queen, don't see her very much during the weekends any more. Lots of parades and functions to go to. She can ride very well, former high school state champion barrel racer. Although some of the rodeo court ride okay, but not as well as she does.

What an old guy knows about rodeo courts :roll:

Alan

I have had to judge a couple of College Rodeo queen contests-- the majority of the points awarded were on horsemanship and ability to ride... I also felt that knowledge of the rodeo events were quite important and always included questions pertaining to that...

Since the competition took place over several days, one of the things we also did was to always have one or two "anonymous" judges- that were unknown to the girls until decision time, but had interaction thruout the entire competition procedure- just to keep them honest so that they couldn't be putting up a false face for the judges.....

You might check with the NIRA or National High School Rodeo Assn. as they may have some set patterns and evaluation sheets.....

Latest posts