Weather/ropin/rodeo

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Here it is May 26th, and Tuesday of this week was the 4th time in 2016 we've been in our arena because of the weather. I'm assuming there are parts of this great country, where the weather cooperates enough you can practice? I know it's not here though. Last year was the worst in my life. The arena stayed wet all summer. As I get more conscious about what all this stuff cost (but will never quit), it occurs to me I don't get as much use out of cattle and ropin pen as I'd like, mostly due to the weather. You folks that chase it, do you live where you can enjoy it very many months out of the year?

I dont have as much time as I'd like to rope but we do rope year round.
Actually just got some freshies today that the guys are going to start breaking in tomorrow after work.

Bigfoot here in Nebraska we stay frozen half the year so once it thaws out we go rain or shine. Sure it would be nice to be in south Texas, Arizona, or NM and be able to rope outside all winter but I hear they got snakes and all kinds of bugs down there haha.

My land doesn't drain that well. Even compared to many other places in my own county. I know I won't, but I'd like to tile it. Maybe haul in 25 loads of sand.

Living in the Eden, Tx area, we can rope pretty much all year(a few days are warm enough in Jan/Feb to rope, if it's dry enough). But, the last two years we have had really wet springs...so, our practice days have been minimal. But, soon, we will be dry again, and then it will start to get too hot to rope; unless its early morning or the last few hours of light.

Latest posts