road trip

Help Support CattleToday:

footballjdtractor

Reaction score
I was thinking about taking a road trip with some of my cattleman buddies this summer. Does anybody have any suggestions about place to check out? I was think it might be fun to see some other operations away from home. I would like to tour a feedlot, seedstock operation, large dairy, feed mill, factory, stocker operation, university research facility or anything else that might be interesting. Any ideas?

footballjdtractor":17otccsm said:
I was thinking about taking a road trip with some of my cattleman buddies this summer. Does anybody have any suggestions about place to check out? I was think it might be fun to see some other operations away from home. I would like to tour a feedlot, seedstock operation, large dairy, feed mill, factory, stocker operation, university research facility or anything else that might be interesting. Any ideas?
King Ranch is kind of far.........Check with TPWD and go to the Chaparell (sp) Wildlife Management area over near Junction. You can go over to the 777 afterwards
and see their wildlife and fish and stay for cheap in the spring.

Our extension agent helped us set up one a few years ago. he talked with an extension agent in Ohio and we visited their research farm, a small feedlot and grain farm, Select Sires collection facility, and bob Evans farms, both his private and his show farm. We would not have been able to get access to most of these without his help.
Most larger feedlots today you will need some connection to visit.

How far are you looking to travel?

Some places that come to mind are:

Circle X Land and Cattle in Bryan TX

Bar G Feedyard in Hereford TX
Large yard -125K one time capacity

Kansas State Univerity in Manhattan Kansas