Rita

Help Support CattleToday:

Sid and Bama thanks a lot, we cut trees off fence till 10 last night called it a day, got one pasture fence put back together today and cows are grazing. I am sick of a chain saw we cut 1/2 to 3/4 of mile of the county road Sat met the neighbor at the bridge cut three trees off of it. We only have 3 road maintence workers in my precinct, so its pretty much up to us in a storm. Neighbor and I stood around on the bridge awhile thought FEMA might show up with one of those New Orleans credit cards. I am going to have to rebuild all fences as they are peice meal right now. You can bet your ass I will be bringing a D-8 dozer with a shear blade when things calm down. Everthing going pretty good no one has got rattlesnake bit yet. We have no water,no gas, no power other than a generator, no money as the bank can't operate without power. One of the great things about a small town went in one store picked up a chain saw on Sunday,also the local Tractor supply, for supplies. Everone just wrote it down said we would settle later. Local Tire dealship owner in town brought us a 55 gallon drum of water.
This was a bad storm here winds clocked at 117 mph west of us and the eye wall came over us.

Camp -- if the weather guessers in Houston can be believed, you'll start to get some cooler working weather in a couple of days. I imagine it must be pretty dang hot where you are. Houston set an all time record for the day yesterday --- 99 degrees and 109 heat index. Ridiculous for the last week of September. I was out chainsawing all afternoon yesterday and it wore my ass out. Temperature and humidity was bad enough, but complicated of course by wearing ear protection, hard hat, long sleeves etc. Sure makes the body heat up --- but I bet I'm not telling you anything you don't already know all too well. Hang tough and don't overdo it. Us oldtimers need to pace ourselves. ;-)

Arnold Ziffle":28mweyse said:
Camp -- if the weather guessers in Houston can be believed, you'll start to get some cooler working weather in a couple of days. I imagine it must be pretty dang hot where you are. Houston set an all time record for the day yesterday --- 99 degrees and 109 heat index. Ridiculous for the last week of September. I was out chainsawing all afternoon yesterday and it wore my ass out. Temperature and humidity was bad enough, but complicated of course by wearing ear protection, hard hat, long sleeves etc. Sure makes the body heat up --- but I bet I'm not telling you anything you don't already know all too well. Hang tough and don't overdo it. Us oldtimers need to pace ourselves. ;-)

I refused to look at the thermometer fraid it would scare me.Went through 2 gallons of ice water today. The new chain saw with a 24 inch bar lot a fun to tote and work. The 18 inch bar wasn't cutting on some of the trees I have down.

Campground Cattle":1icix6wf said:
I refused to look at the thermometer fraid it would scare me.Went through 2 gallons of ice water today. The new chain saw with a 24 inch bar lot a fun to tote and work. The 18 inch bar wasn't cutting on some of the trees I have down.

How'd Caustic turn out? Haven't seen him on.

Campground, glad you are sort of ok. Sorry to hear about all your damage though.

I called FEMA and they said they will have your card there shortly. Just as soon as they get through passing them out in NO. The problem is the line there is never ending. :lol:

flaboy":37sil419 said:
Campground, glad you are sort of ok. Sorry to hear about all your damage though.

I called FEMA and they said they will have your card there shortly. Just as soon as they get through passing them out in NO. The problem is the line there is never ending. :lol:
Camp said he'd decline the FEMA card. He found out what FEMA really means...

F eeding
E veryones
M iniature
A ngus
:lol:

Crowderfarms":2j2jkg9q said:
flaboy":2j2jkg9q said:

Camp said he'd decline the FEMA card. He found out what FEMA really means...

F eeding
E veryones
M iniature
A ngus
:lol:

Thats pretty funny.

On a serious note we should demand that the News report the News. When ever you see anything about these storms this garabage is distorted. I think I saw just a couple of clips on Ms,AL, I didn't see one on southern La from Katrina. The liberal media doesn't want to show Americans working and starting to put thier lifes back together they want to show bums that leach off our society.

Jake":u9ef1bej said:
Campground Cattle":u9ef1bej said:

How'd Caustic turn out? Haven't seen him on.

He is Ok can't get to his house from here, I can but I am not cutting the trees out of the county road that way. He cleared the other CR to the highway. He lost a couple of barns,and his cattle trailer. He has fence down everywhere also.
Hi Ho Hi Ho off to work we go ya'll have a great day.

I agree Camp, I have a friend that just returned from MS, and he said the folks down there are really suffering. But they are Proud. He took 22,000 lbs. of water, and Canned goods.All collected from a little Church out here in the Country. The Feral media does need to show everyone's plight. Not just the Dregs of Society's. There has hardly been a mention of folks in rural areas, after either Hurricane.Wish I could get down there and help you out.

Well Camp, it is not entertaining to watch someone pull up their boot straps, put on a pair of gloves, and start working to rebuild rather than crying "we need help", "or we need hep", "where's Bush", "where's my FEMA card", "where's my server", "whatya mean bringing in these used clothes", "where's my new home", "where's my food stamps", "where's whitey"? ;-)

flaboy":lnwb3h7r said:
Well Camp, it is not entertaining to watch someone pull up their boot straps, put on a pair of gloves, and start working to rebuild rather than crying "we need help", "or we need hep", "where's Bush", "where's my FEMA card", "where's my server", "whatya mean bringing in these used clothes", "where's my new home", "where's my food stamps", "where's whitey"? ;-)

Straps have broken off one boot this week. Insurance adjuster is on the way today, after dealing with these guys in other hurricanes I might not be posting for 10 to 20.

Campground Cattle":2mm5hb8v said:
flaboy":2mm5hb8v said:

Straps have broken off one boot this week. Insurance adjuster is on the way today, after dealing with these guys in other hurricanes I might not be posting for 10 to 20.

Well, good luck to ya Camp. I had to deal with them last year and actually they did me pretty well. Make sure you point out EVERY little thing including lost fences. It sure helped with my hurricane deductible. He didn't hesitate on anything I pointed out. I hope yours treats you as well.

Latest posts