Ring Worm

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good remedies for RingWorm. Last summer several of my bucket calves had it terrible. I scrubbed them with a steel brush, tried iodine, tried bleach water, tried athlete's foot spray (worked best), but not great. Didn't know if there were any other remedies for the problem. These calves have access to the sunlight as well.
Thanks

go to the top of the page and click on search, on the subject line put in "ring worm" and you will get every posting that has been made about it, there will be pages of information, happy reading!

milkmaid":38083n9m said:
Anyone have pictures of what ringworm looks like on a cow?

beef_050403.jpg

jerry27150":14uwz9g3 said:
i normally use a stick or a rag, but any way will work
========
jerry,

We have not had much ring worm...a couple times.... we applied used cylinder oil with a brush/rag ..but on another thread it was suggested that it was not a good idea. hummm!

preston, no one makes money if you use old motor oil, but it has worked since before my time. i have tried blue kote, which will work in time also. tried bleach after crubbing ,never did work. vet used to give mine a & d but admitted oil would do it

jerry,
I hear you on the money thing. I don't think that small exposure would do any damage. I know folks who have done it for years with good results and no problems commented on.

Either used engin oil or rotten apple ....it really works i had ring worm an my sister in law put some on it was gone in a few days.

Latest posts