Rich County ranchers partner with BLM

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds like a bunch of part timers living the life to me. Putting up 2 1/2 times more private land than BLM land, and doing what the government says is exactly what most of the liberal tree huggers want.

The way I read it the BLM is putting up 103,300 acres, the state land is 9000 acres and private land is 22,700 acres. I say "bout time". And it is a case of the government doing what the ranchers want, not the opposite, as you claim.
How many cattle have been killed by sage grouse over the years?

Your right on the land figures City Guy. But the government is doing what they want. And the ranchers are trying to do whatever to keep the grazing privileges. And if this doesn't help the grouse and grass population in 5 years then what? It'll be just like the red snapper deal in the Atlantic Ocean.

If the BLM, USFS and etc truly want to do what is best for the land, wildlife and environment, then cattle, sheep and so on are a tool, but if not and have other ideas ...

callmefence":2p5wdx7v said:
Looks like a good deal until its not.
Wonder who's going get screwed???

It won't be the feds or the state--or whoever came up with the idea for this cockamamie project.

I read the article again and insist the idea was from this Shaul guy who got the idea from the private ranch (on private land) in the area, where he worked. The BLM has been studying the idea for 5 years and hasn't yet signed off on the deal. If the government was doing what it wants the the project would have become law a few years ago. If the grouse don't recover in 5 years the government will scrap the idea because the grouse are the main concern of the government. But the project will help the birds, the grass and the ranchers. This Shaul guy has the BLM by the little, tiny grouse testicles. Brilliant!
This sounds like one of those "been there, done that, know it works" ideas you guys are always trying to cram down my throat. You can't have it both ways.

City Guy":2pzqvwkz said:
I read the article again and insist the idea was from this Shaul guy who got the idea from the private ranch (on private land) in the area, where he worked. The BLM has been studying the idea for 5 years and hasn't yet signed off on the deal. If the government was doing what it wants the the project would have become law a few years ago. If the grouse don't recover in 5 years the government will scrap the idea because the grouse are the main concern of the government. But the project will help the birds, the grass and the ranchers. This Shaul guy has the BLM by the little, tiny grouse testicles. Brilliant!
This sounds like one of those "been there, done that, know it works" ideas you guys are always trying to cram down my throat. You can't have it both ways.

I've seen the government in action in the commercial fishing industry. The government is crooked and they play by their rules. The way I see things is, the folks that can't make it without the government's help try and work with the government. And when the money, grants and subsidies run out, there out also. Hopefully I'm just to sinister and anti-government to see the light.

True Grit Farms":3m11b9pv said:
City Guy":3m11b9pv said:

I've seen the government in action in the commercial fishing industry. The government is crooked and they play by their rules. The way I see things is, the folks that can't make it without the government's help try and work with the government. And when the money, grants and subsidies run out, there out also. Hopefully I'm just to sinister and anti-government to see the light.

Possibly sinister and anti-government enough to have seen the light.

Too much government $$ propping up the mediocre, I agree. Those who can't make it should be allowed to go broke--rancher, or car company. But is this the case here? I guess we'll see.