Retirement

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
After being retired for 6yrs,I have discovered that I am a very important Feller.
I have several company's trying to contact me.
Electric company,phone company,cable company,and even the gas company. :) :)

Cal

Calman":g0l58vir said:
After being retired for 6yrs,I have discovered that I am a very important Feller.

Cal

CaL...........ARE YOU SENDING THESE FOLKS MONEY ON A REGULAR BASIS? you know when you retire you still have to pay them :lol:

3waycross":2tumv6aq said:
Calman":2tumv6aq said:

Cal

CaL...........ARE YOU SENDING THESE FOLKS MONEY ON A REGULAR BASIS? you know when you retire you still have to pay them :lol:
I guess all those campaign promises didn't mean squat then did they Cal.

3waycross":2dcyj3ks said:
Calman":2dcyj3ks said:

Cal

Dam!! 3Way I thought they wanted me to go to work for them!! :oops:

Cal

Cal[/quote]

CaL...........ARE YOU SENDING THESE FOLKS MONEY ON A REGULAR BASIS? you know when you retire you still have to pay them :lol:[/quote]
I guess all those campaign promises didn't mean squat then did they Cal.[/quote]

Guess not Do ya really think our govment people would lie to us? Imagine that.

Cal

Funny you should mention this. Over the last few months, it's been looking more and more like I will be needing to start looking for a job, after 11 years of retirement. With gas and diesel prices up ($2.95 and $3.50) I may need to start walking more. Thanks to the new and improved health care insurance act, my premiums went up 30% this year and copays went up about 10% . And this is just in preparation for what's coming over the next few years. Of course, the cost of living has not increased, so there will be no adjustments there.

If our reps, are not able to get this thing repealed, it appears that it will come down to having health insurance or eating. "If you like your health insurance, you can keep it". Yes we can--as long as we can afford it, anyway.

This will probably get deleted, and get this thread locked. Sorry.

The only pepole I ever hear from is aarp and credit card companys and the NRA. For years I've written "Delivery refused" on everything from aarp and put it back in the mail. They still send me tons of crap.

All I know is, after all the days we have missed with the ice and snow, my husband and I can't ever retire at the same time or there's gonna be a killin'.

I am not sure who is killin' whom, but someone's getting kilt.

Jim62":39bdyl9c said:
Thanks to the new and improved health care insurance act, my premiums went up 30% this year and copays went up about 10% .

You're also deep in debt to pay for this and your benefits went down.

Lammie":z7wqc6pa said:
All I know is, after all the days we have missed with the ice and snow, my husband and I can't ever retire at the same time or there's gonna be a killin'.

:lol: :lol: Kinda sounds like the new has worn off.

curtis":1gmjp06j said:
Lammie":1gmjp06j said:

ouch. :cowboy:

The people need to make the goverment cut all of the public servants pay by 20%. Starting with the president all the way to the school janitor. Its starting to work in Egypt now if thats what is needed.

curtis":27p4t6mz said:
Lammie":27p4t6mz said:

Well, I mean, we are heating one room of the house, basically. It's fifteen degrees outside and icy. Kid's sitting in the room with us. He has decided to conserve energy by avoiding showering... Steve's been wearing the same longjohn pants, and little else, for three days... I've baked and cooked until we have a kitchen full of food. After you finish throwing hay and breaking ice off the trough, you are stuck with the man in dirty underwear who is asking you to, "look at this thing on my back". :help:

That's all I'm saying. I don't think I'd survive living Up Nort.

highgrit":1v02pmos said:
The people need to make the goverment cut all of the public servants pay by 20%. Starting with the president all the way to the school janitor. Its starting to work in Egypt now if thats what is needed.
Last news I watched Egypt was rioting in the streets. Was that because they got their pay cut 20%? What is it you do for a living? Think maybe you need a 20% pay cut. Are you worth the pay you get? Maybe you need to look for a better job. I'am not picking on you just would like you to explain your statement.

I am self employed, and I have made a living hunting and fishing. The goverment has shut down most of the productive fishing grounds, and the best means to catch them.When they banned fish traps, and gill nets I lost over 70% of my income. So I know what its like. We all pay taxes and half of the money the goverment gets it waste. It takes at least 2 public servants to do one mans job. Public servants that are slackers rip us all off, but they retire with the best benefits and health insurance. There unions won't even accept Obama care its not good enough for them. They don't hardly grade or plow the roads any more. Well we don't have half the public services that we had 20 years ago. BUT PAY I MORE TAXES AND GET LESS FOR IT.

Lammie":20lvmw7h said:
curtis":20lvmw7h said:
Lammie":20lvmw7h said:

Well, I mean, we are heating one room of the house, basically. It's fifteen degrees outside and icy. Kid's sitting in the room with us. He has decided to conserve energy by avoiding showering... Steve's been wearing the same longjohn pants, and little else, for three days... I've baked and cooked until we have a kitchen full of food. After you finish throwing hay and breaking ice off the trough, you are stuck with the man in dirty underwear who is asking you to, "look at this thing on my back". :help:

That's all I'm saying. I don't think I'd survive living Up Nort.
Lammie you could save energy if you and Steve showered together, Hey

highgrit":tofeq5m0 said:
I am self employed, and I have made a living hunting and fishing. The goverment has shut down most of the productive fishing grounds, and the best means to catch them.When they banned fish traps, and gill nets I lost over 70% of my income. So I know what its like. We all pay taxes and half of the money the goverment gets it waste. It takes at least 2 public servants to do one mans job. Public servants that are slackers rip us all off, but they retire with the best benefits and health insurance. There unions won't even accept Obama care its not good enough for them. They don't hardly grade or plow the roads any more. Well we don't have half the public services that we had 20 years ago. BUT PAY I MORE TAXES AND GET LESS FOR IT.
It was the Congress that did'nt want Obama Care for themselves, it was only good enough for the working citizen. Im sorry that you're so unhappy with Hunting and Fishing for a living. Perhaps you should make a change in methods of livleyhood. Being self employed was always a gamble. I was self employed for years and some time I hit it big and other times I lost big, thats part of the game. Perhaps you should work for the State or Government, you know they all have it made.

For your information, EVERYONE THAT WORKS PAYS MORE TAXES AND RECEIVES LESS THAN THEY DID TWENTY YEARS AGO. So man up and quit snibbling. At least you're not out in the snow feeding Cattle in a blizzard like some of the men and women on this board.

Never said I was unhappy with my job, just the opposite really. Lifes good, I been retired for 3 years now, just watching the grass grow and the cows eating it. But I would like my kids to get the ranch and not the goverment. You can't spend more than you make and survive. Maybe if your a liberal or work for the goverment you can though. :bang:

Latest posts