Retirement

Help Support CattleToday:

I am no liberal. Maybe you should look into a family trust for the land. I think we all work for the government by paying taxes. Why don't we size down Government and stop Foriegn Aid. The Foreigners are getting many American jobs, they should have enough money to support themselves.

highgrit":1ypixyno said:
Never said I was unhappy with my job, just the opposite really. Lifes good, I been retired for 3 years now, just watching the grass grow and the cows eating it. But I would like my kids to get the ranch and not the goverment. You can't spend more than you make and survive. Maybe if your a liberal or work for the goverment you can though. :bang:
Gov't can't get your farm. Once you turn 65 your property taxes should be frozen and you some even give a senior citizen discount. Keep the farm exemption on it and the taxes should be bearable. Sometimes we all get "land rich....dirt poor". :lol2:

I hope I am wrong here, but the Bush tax breaks " Inheiritance tax " in general will not last long. The only way the goverment can pay their bills is with tax money. So I believe the death tax will come back. Here is were it gets bad, only the people with money can pay taxes. Every thing is on record now, the goverment knows how much money you have in the bank. So people with money in the bank might get taxed on that to. I do know the Illegal immigrants, the people on welfare, food stamps, and unemployment are not going to bail this country out. This scares me for my kids, and all tax paying Americans.

kerley":om2c8utx said:
I am no liberal. Maybe you should look into a family trust for the land. I think we all work for the government by paying taxes. Why don't we size down Government and stop Foriegn Aid. The Foreigners are getting many American jobs, they should have enough money to support themselves.

"Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries." -- Douglas Casey