Retianed Placenta?

Help Support CattleToday:

SconnieBeef

Reaction score
20140221_124405_zps8271d95b.jpg

20140221_124441_zps5d709959.jpg

She already passed what looks like the placenta last night, I have only seen one other one but it was large and looked just like it, what I was wondering if maybe port of it tore off and the rest is just still in there? Last night when I checked on her it was hanging down to the ground, maybe she stepped on it? She isn't acting any differently but there is still a piece of something hanging out and she is still discharging a little also. I also noticed she keeps holding her tail against her vulva. I don't think its serious but I thought I would offer it up on here.

Thanks

She's probably all right. They have funky things coming out for a few days sometimes.

It's normal for them to still have discharge for a few days. Even if she didn't clean completely, I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as she is acting healthy otherwise. Just keep an eye on her.

It can take a few days, up to almost 2 weeks to fully 'clean' out. As Randi said, I'd keep an eye on her, but she's probably fine. As long as she's eating, drinking, no fevers and acting normal and healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now if she starts to stinking back there, and looking funky, and lthargic, goes off feed and acts sick, then you've got a problem.

Katherine

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought, I'll keep an eye on her but like I said, her behavior hasn't changed so I think well be ok. :tiphat:

Latest posts