*RESULTS* Dubbo National Shorthorn Show and Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Results of the show and sale:

Bull Show
Division 1 Champion: Lot 27, Caskieben Handsome B117 (P), exhibited by GR and JAN Williamson
Division 1 Reserve Champion: Lot 64, Inverary Rolex B115 (P), exhibited by S and J Galloway

Division 2 Champion: Lot 38, Futurity Kurrajong B86, exhibited by Futurity Shorthorns
Division 2 Reserve Champion: Lot 32, Nero E.M Bottom Line B094 (P), exhibited by KL and VJ Ridley

Division 3 Champion and Grand Champion: Lot 96, Nagol Park Beaut Bull B031 (P) (AI) (APX), exhibited by RW and NL Evans
Division 3 Reserve Champion: Lot 130, Belmore Lincoln B192 (P) (AI), exhibited by IAS and S Withers

Division 4 Champion: Lot 104, Broughton Park Victory B050 (P), exhibited by KS Trengove and Sons
Division 4 Reserve Champion: Lot 141, Marrington Battler B6 (P), exhibited by Marrington Pastoral Co

Heifer Sale
Top Price Lot F3, Lachlan Miss Blaster (P) (ET), $6750
Average $4050

Bull Sale
124 offered, 99 sold, 80% clearance
Average $5364
Sale Gross $531,000

4 bulls over $10,000
Top Price Lot 143, Bayview Jackpot B27 (P) (AI) (APX), account HG Thompson and Sons, $19,000
Also:
Lot 96, Nagol Park Beaut Bull B031 (P) (AI) (APX), account RW and NL Evans, $18,000
Lot 130, Belmore Lincoln (P) (AI), account IAS and S Withers, $15,000
Lot 104, Broughton Park Victory B050 (P), account KS Trengove and Sons, $14,000

Mmhmm.......

The Lachlan bulls are all by the first roan bull I posted on the Breeds Board, as are the heifers.

Killala":2pe4zadc said:
Mmhmm.......

The Lachlan bulls are all by the first roan bull I posted on the Breeds Board, as are the heifers.

Do you mean the Roan with the pinched heartgirth, if so they musta bred him to some real good cows. I like his heifers better than his bulls. He sure throws better than he is.

Having said that The Broughten bulls, across the board, are the best in my opinion.

That's the bull. They flushed about 5 cows and bred up to 200 head now need new genetics.

I've seen the BP bulls in the flesh. At least they're consistent. The 2nd roan I posted beat them in their only outing so far.

Killala
Have you heard of or seen pics of a Canadian Bull called Muridale Buster. I'm thinking about AI'ing some of my reg Gelbviehs to him in the next couple years to make some GV/Shorthorn balancers. I really like that cross and I REALLY like that bull he also has a pure red son at stud but there are no EPD's on him yet.

Killala":1bzmnk9v said:
That's the bull. They flushed about 5 cows and bred up to 200 head now need new genetics.

I've seen the BP bulls in the flesh. At least they're consistent. The 2nd roan I posted beat them in their only outing so far.

Well that explains the quality of those calves.

I have heard of Muridale Buster, and I've seen a fair number of photos of him. Did a little bit of research there. I only have an issue with one of the bull's in his pedigree, aside from that, very good bull from what I've seen.
I find it interesting that you want to use him after your comments on the other bulls, as he is a very different type to them, especially the BP bulls.

I like Buster from a phenatype perspective but what i like most is the negative birth weight and the fact that he will throw solid red. Don't mind Roan but it only sells to the club calf purchasers. I'm trying to produce a low birth weight GV/Shorthorn and Buster seems to be my best bet. He is just a little coarse in the shoulders for me but with the right cow I can work with that.

Latest posts