Resflor gold

Help Support CattleToday:

TLM1988

Reaction score
How often can you administer resflor gold in the event a calf dosnt show improvement? Can you follow up with penicillin or just go to a more powerful antibiotic. 350 lbs. steer just having a rough time with the heat we've been having.. still eating and drinking but has a low head with signs of depression. He was a sale barn bawler

Read the label. Not sure on Resflor,but Nuflor has single day and multiple day treatment guidelines. 3ml/100lbs or 6ml/100lbs.
Probably won't hurt to give him antihistamine and some vitamins/ Multi-min90.

I give 6ml per 100 lbs of Resflor Gold. If that doesn't knock it out I follow up with either Baytril (higher dose, also 6ml per 100) and Banamine or Draxxin and Banamine. That said, I did give a 2nd round of Resflor probably 3 days after no improvement last year when I ran out of Baytril and the calf fully recovered.

Penicillin is sometimes underrated and a lot of people have success if given at the first sign of sickness. But I'm not one of those people - I go directly for the "good stuff" specifically for respiratory.

TCRanch said:
I give 6ml per 100 lbs of Resflor Gold. If that doesn't knock it out I follow up with either Baytril (higher dose, also 6ml per 100) and Banamine or Draxxin and Banamine. That said, I did give a 2nd round of Resflor probably 3 days after no improvement last year when I ran out of Baytril and the calf fully recovered.

Penicillin is sometimes underrated and a lot of people have success if given at the first sign of sickness. But I'm not one of those people - I go directly for the "good stuff" specifically for respiratory.

Thanks TC I will know more this afternoon.. I have him penned up so I can keep up with his temps everyday. Thanks for your reply

Temped him yesterday evening he's down to 102.. neighbor brought me some dexmethesone and recommended a couple days of it. He's not near ganted and head up.

We decided to use Resflor on the recommendation of a friend. Have had 2 cases where it didn't help at all. In both cases I gave a follow up treatment
of Draxxin and penicillin and both were much better the following day and are fully recovered now. Doubt we will continue to use Resflor

elkwc said:
We decided to use Resflor on the recommendation of a friend. Have had 2 cases where it didn't help at all. In both cases I gave a follow up treatment
of Draxxin and penicillin and both were much better the following day and are fully recovered now. Doubt we will continue to use Resflor

Ship me your bottle. I use the heck out of it haha

5S Cattle said:
elkwc said:

Ship me your bottle. I use the heck out of it haha

Yes, Resflor is good stuff.

Has anyone used zactran? Been hearing about it on Corbit Wall's Feeder Flash. I have been using baytril for first treatment and draxxin for second if needed with good results.

midTN_Brangusman said:
Has anyone used zactran? Been hearing about it on Corbit Wall's Feeder Flash. I have been using baytril for first treatment and draxxin for second if needed with good results.

I haven't and don't know anyone around here that has but a few friends/neighbors swear by Zuprevo.

Correctly administered calfhood vacinations & especially ML viral/respiratory vaccines dramatically reduces/eliminates health issues. A given that sale barn calves with unknown vac history will always be prime candidates for major health issues & death loss.

Latest posts