Remember my experiment with sorghum and steel drums?

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
It worked!!!!! :D

Talked to the boys at the ranch (I'm currently in the US) and they've had zero problems with spoilage, mold, bad odors, emptying the drums....and most importantly....acceptance by my cattle. Some of that grain was pretty darned humid, but so far, it's all good. ;-)

I've decided that since I'm planting a lot more of my place in bermuda this year I'm going to have a lot less acreage for planting sorghum.

Since we're expecting a good "winter" or rainy season, I'm going to plant corn. A decent crop of corn on much smaller acreage will still give me the volume of what I need to hold my animals over at the end of next year's summer.

So, back to the steel drums. :D

whitewing":3l85zh6m said:
It worked!!!!! :D

Talked to the boys at the ranch (I'm currently in the US) and they've had zero problems with spoilage, mold, bad odors, emptying the drums....and most importantly....acceptance by my cattle. Some of that grain was pretty darned humid, but so far, it's all good. ;-)
If I was in Venzuela and you were in Louisiana and you called I'd assure you that all was well too. :lol2: In all seriousness....glad it's working for you. ;-)

whitewing":i0bpl6wt said:
I've decided that since I'm planting a lot more of my place in bermuda this year I'm going to have a lot less acreage for planting sorghum.

Since we're expecting a good "winter" or rainy season, I'm going to plant corn. A decent crop of corn on much smaller acreage will still give me the volume of what I need to hold my animals over at the end of next year's summer.

So, back to the steel drums. :D
Hello friend! How many " animals' have you got today?

Latest posts