Calf with a cleft lip/nostril

Help Support CattleToday:

We'll see how the cell salts work on this one.

Ken
Cell Salt tablets don't work on a cleft lip and nostril of course because that is not underdeveloped bone, it is malformed soft tissue. I said that the Calc. Phos. stimulates underdeveloped bone to grow to normal. Also, as was stated, cleft lip, nostril and sometimes palate is usually caused by ingestion by the mother of certain weeds. Besides that, the weeds were causing these types of defects in cattle long before spring of 1995, when the birth defects like underbite and overbite that my colleagues and I reported in our studies began on multiple species of ungulates and other mammals and in bird species in the same year.

We've had 2 instances of cleft palate, both calves needed no assistance and grew like their peers and filled the freezer in the end. Sure a shocker the first time I saw the first one, she has been sucking and turned to look at me with her tongue hanging out her nose looked like!

I would think that a brilliant person like you, Ken, would know the difference between underdeveloped facial bones and severe malformation of the facial tissue. There is no way to stimulate severely malformed tissue to grow to normal and I never said there was.

I would think that a brilliant person like you, Ken, would know the difference between underdeveloped facial bones and severe malformation of the facial tissue. There is no way to stimulate severely malformed tissue to grow to normal and I never said there was.
shutterstock_666854065.jpg
"Help me, JHoy!" (Sorry, couldn't resist)

View attachment 14201
"Help me, JHoy!" (Sorry, couldn't resist)
I also said the cells had to be stimulated to grow to normal when the animal was very young - sorry it is too late to help you- LOL.
Shame on you Ken.
Mooma20 - these comments do not reflect on the seriousness of your issue. We are having a little fun. @J Hoy is obsessed with her research.
Jeanne, I am obsessed with helping and saving newborn animals of all kinds. If you have a problem with my obsession, that is your problem. I am just really sorry that there is nothing I know of that can help make that calf normal, contrary to what was said.