Red shells flying everywhere

Help Support CattleToday:

Is the season already in!? Had them spasms myself. OOOHHH its so hard to stop sometimes. Tried limit averaging once. Made perfect sense at the time but a fella in a black robe later splained it differently to me. :oops:

Is the season already in!? Had them spasms myself. OOOHHH its so hard to stop sometimes. Tried limit averaging once. Made perfect sense at the time but a fella in a black robe later splained it differently to me.

Those black robe fellas need a lesson in "go find someone better to harass" Averaging, twelve seconds after shooting light (by the Fish cops watch). Day after season? Day before? To long? To Short? Not enough Points? To many Points? (I miscounted! he wouldn't stand still!) Wrong gun? Right gun, wrong ammo?

The hardest part of hunting is not getting arrested.

Wood ducks are about the only game in town here. Problem is, its next to impossible to shoot them legally since the best shoots are when they go to roost then its after hours. Only other good way to hunt them during legal hours is to doctor up a spot but that is a big no no as well. I sure like eating wood ducks and thankfully I've always liked playing hide and seek. ;-)

I always though the old Super X Mark 5 was the best shotgun shell ever made.

Grabbed all my stuff fri night and ran off to the camp. Got to my "spot" sat morning and as I was setting decoys, the teal were landing all over me. I ran to my bag to get some shells and when I opened it, all I had was 3 boxes of #5 LEAD and 1 box of 3 1/2" BB! I bought the lead in Kansas on a pheasant shoot and they don't sell it here because we don't have a need for it here. I was like oh crap (yeah Jo I know you're saying 'man those #5's would smoke em') but I love to hunt way too much to lose my priveledges. I put all three boxes and went put em in a deer stand unbil I was done huntin. Man its tough hitting those little birds flying 100 miles per hour with BB steel! Took me a box!

Horticattleman":3e69n9lt said:
Grabbed all my stuff fri night and ran off to the camp. Got to my "spot" sat morning and as I was setting decoys, the teal were landing all over me. I ran to my bag to get some shells and when I opened it, all I had was 3 boxes of #5 LEAD and 1 box of 3 1/2" BB! I bought the lead in Kansas on a pheasant shoot and they don't sell it here because we don't have a need for it here. I was like oh crap (yeah Jo I know you're saying 'man those #5's would smoke em') but I love to hunt way too much to lose my priveledges. I put all three boxes and went put em in a deer stand unbil I was done huntin. Man its tough hitting those little birds flying 100 miles per hour with BB steel! Took me a box!

These hunting laws have gotten out of hand, I don't know about La but in Tx licence and fines have become a tax.
You can't buy a box of shells to go hunting anymore, used to you could buy a box of Winchester Mark V's no 6 squirrel and wood duck hunt at the same time in the river bottom.
The other day I bought my hunting licences and two boxes of No.6's it was 135 bucks.
The lady behind the counter said are you going to hunt this or that I told her I didn't want any hassles from the Game Wardens. There is a fresh water,salt water, muzzle loader,state and federal duck archeryand half a dozen other stamps on the dang thing. It reads like a Cabelas magizine.
What happened to going and buying a hunting licence and going hunting.

Caustic Burno":11idfx5w said:
Horticattleman":11idfx5w said:

These hunting laws have gotten out of hand, I don't know about La but in Tx licence and fines have become a tax.
You can't buy a box of shells to go hunting anymore, used to you could buy a box of Winchester Mark V's no 6 squirrel and wood duck hunt at the same time in the river bottom.
The other day I bought my hunting licences and two boxes of No.6's it was 135 bucks.
The lady behind the counter said are you going to hunt this or that I told her I didn't want any hassles from the Game Wardens. There is a fresh water,salt water, muzzle loader,state and federal duck archeryand half a dozen other stamps on the dang thing. It reads like a Cabelas magizine.
What happened to going and buying a hunting licence and going hunting.

I agree, its the same way here.

I feel the same way about all the special stamps Texas makes us buy, CB. I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if eventually those jakelegs up in Austin try to raise a little more revenue and make us buy a Texas Hog Stamp just to be able to kill hogs. :roll:

If you go fishing off the coast of Florida, I'd suggest bringing a marine biologist, an attorney and plenty of money. Lesson learned at School of Hard Knocks. :oops:

Sometime you guys ought to read up on North Dakotas Waterfowl regulations, unbelievable. I drove though duck country in ND to and from MT. I don't believe there are ducks anywhere like the # in ND. :shock: :shock: