Red Poll bulls new pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
We got the bulls home from the bull test last weekend so I thought I would post some pics. The four bulls averaged a 3.3 WDA.

The first two have already been sold and the other two are for sale.

PeteBBsbutt.jpg

Casper.jpg

BigBoy11-18-11.jpg

Herley2.jpg

JeffMills517":2y8yyyin said:
I really like these bulls. What's the typical frame size of a Red Poll bull?

They will range from a 5.5 to a 6.5. The first bull is a 5.7, the third bull a 6.5 and the last bull a 6.1

angusdave63":2t8ft7rg said:
they look good not a bad one in the bunch

Thanks Dave.....we think they are four pretty nice bulls even if the are Red Polls....Of course some folks would say they are great looking bulls if they were black.

What folks don't know is that we don't have 100 bulls to pick from and these are our four best. These are the only four bulls we had born last fall. Pretty good feeling knowing your doing something right in your breeding program to produce four bulls the quality of these four. :D

that says alot for the red poll breed imo. and i think you have a good breeding program as well. i will get my first red poll x calves in march some angus and a real nice char cow bred to the red poll.

Pretty good feeling knowing your doing something right in your breeding program to produce four bulls the quality of these four. :D[/quote]

Absolutely! Congrats

Jovid-

If this is 100% of your bull production this year, you can bask in glory! The factor that a lot of people miss in analysing cattle is the universal consistency of the cow herd. Obviously the Phenotype is excellent, but the consistency of your producers is optimal! Exemplary model sire of these bulls. I am assuming it is the same bull which sired all of the bulls.

This represents years of darned good selection decisions on your part.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2hp0kw7j said:
Jovid-

If this is 100% of your bull production this year, you can bask in glory! The factor that a lot of people miss in analysing cattle is the universal consistency of the cow herd. Obviously the Phenotype is excellent, but the consistency of your producers is optimal! Exemplary model sire of these bulls. I am assuming it is the same bull which sired all of the bulls.

This represents years of darned good selection decisions on your part.

DOC HARRIS

Thanks DOC,

We have been very selective in our cow herd not only in phenotype but also genetically. Our goal is to raise Red Poll cattle that will improve not only Red Polls but also the commercial cattleman looking for hybrid vigor in a crossbreeding program.

The bull with the halter has a different sire but he is also the grand sire of the other three bulls which are out of the same sire.

It is also a good feeling to know that all the bulls are now sold. We had a guy come today to look at buying one and he decided to just take the last two. :D

Jovid

Latest posts