Rear Tire Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Green1340

Reaction score
I have an old Zetor 10111; the original rear tires were 16.9-38. The 18.4-38 tire is more readily available in the used market. Is a switch to the 18.4 size acceptable or am I gonna have to bite the bullet and purchase a new 16.9? Thanks for the input.

Greenhaw

there shouldn't be a problem going to the 18.4s. usually you can go up a size without problems

If it is 4wd, I wouldn't change. That will put pressure on the 4wd because the back will run slightly faster. Otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. My brother in law just replaced his 16.9-30s with 18.4-30s. Can't really tell any difference.

Thanks for the replies. I got a response from an ag tire supplier and he gave the ok to make the switch. Lucky7, he also talked about the four wheel drive issue and had the same recommendation as you. Fortunately this tractor is a two wheel drive; so it seems that the new size is indeed in order.

Thanks again guys,

Greenhaw

Just an update. I was able to purchase a new 16.9 without breaking the bank. I found the best price at tuckertire.com. Anyone who needs replacement tires might want to check their prices. The most competitive I could find.

http://www.tuckertire.com/

Greenhaw

Glad you made got it worked out on the tire size.

Tucker Tire is a great bunch. I found them a few years ago and have bought from them ever since. They are a family owned and run business. They have low over head, make less profit per tire but move a lot of volume.
I called there once to buy tires and ended up talking crappie fishing.

Latest posts