Really liking this heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
She's come a long way from that ugly little weaned calf that I didn't much care for. Now I wish we didn't have her sold haha. SimAngus heifer. Was tempted to breed her last June but decided not to and now I'm regretting it.

She turned out nice. It`s surprising sometimes what a little time and some groceries will do if they have good genetics in them.

ccr said:
holm25 said:
Nesikep said:
Wow, she really has changed!

Yes she sure has. Feed works many many wonders.
she looks great.

what are the ages in the photos and what and how much did feed her?

She is 6-7 months in the second picture and 16 in the second picture. I can't remember the feed ration they're on but she was getting 8-10lbs a day and we now have her on 13-15 a day. She's getting fed out for the freezer. Don't like her moms attitude and this girl is starting to have the same problem. We can deal with a little attitude but when you have a cow come after you multiple times it isn't worth it. She may not always play bluff.

alisonb said:
What a difference!

She looks bullish to me or is it just the photo?

She is very heavy necked. That's the Simmi in her I believe. Her dam isn't clean necked by any means either.

She has really developed well. Several of mine have the big dewlap. I for one actually like it. But most don't.

Bright Raven said:
She has really developed well. Several of mine have the big dewlap. I for one actually like it. But most don't.

I like the extra leather to an extent. This one had the perfect amount I think. I don't like leather like a Brahman has. That too much. Lol

Let's try to be a little more tolerant. There is nothing wrong with ultra masculine females. I see a good many everytime I go to Walmart.

I like that heifer.

Bright Raven said:
Let's try to be a little more tolerant. There is nothing wrong with ultra masculine females. I see a good many everytime I go to Walmart.

I like that heifer.

Lol, you can't judge em till they raise that first calf. Then you know if she's a good heifer when she gets bred on time.

You can see many, many masculine females with dozens of offspring at Walmart.

Latest posts