Ready for Football and some Fall Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man":1i4yiyxd said:
greybeard":1i4yiyxd said:
I hear they're still celebrating in Knoxville, and all the businesses are handing out free cupcakes.
Surely the Committee will sit up and take notice now. :hide:

After I was there Saturday I'm pretty sure they can afford to hand out rib-eyes. Taking a 3 year old with an appetite to the concession stand was not one of my smarter moves. :shock:
Ain't that the truth. Haven't been to any kind of live sporting even in a long time but can't imagine taking the entire family. Would cost a fortune and all you get out of it is heartburn and scours. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":o4pzwvhd said:
hillbilly beef man":o4pzwvhd said:
greybeard":o4pzwvhd said:
I hear they're still celebrating in Knoxville, and all the businesses are handing out free cupcakes.
Surely the Committee will sit up and take notice now. :hide:

After I was there Saturday I'm pretty sure they can afford to hand out rib-eyes. Taking a 3 year old with an appetite to the concession stand was not one of my smarter moves. :shock:
Ain't that the truth. Haven't been to any kind of live sporting even in a long time but can't imagine taking the entire family. Would cost a fortune and all you get out of it is heartburn and scours. :lol2: :lol2:

At least it was good even if I could have gotten a steak dinner for what I paid for a Bbq sandwich and a coke. When my wife and I were dating we would smuggle in belonga sand witches and coke, but now they pat you down at the gate, putting an end to the belonga smuggling unless you want to get more creative than I care to.

greybeard":szlwr8p8 said:
Alan--who is Phil Knight gonna anoint in the off-season?

All the "Johnny come lately fans" want Helfrich gone now, don't wait until the end of the season. Phil Knight met with Chip Kelly, but who knows what that was, just coffee and sideline pass to the 49rs game. I doubt Kelly is ready to give up the 49rs after only one season.

Myself and many of the long term fans understand the Ducks have a new defensive coordinator as will as a new offensive coordinator and a new QB coach all first year coaches. On top of that the Ducks switched from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3. They have 4 freshman starting on the O line and. True freshman QB. On the Defensive side two true freshman starting and only three returning starters. Throw in injuries as every team has. So my feeling is those in power understand what's going on this season, simply a rebuilding year, we will retain Mark Helfrich, at least for one more season.

It's the "new to the bandwagon" fans having the melt down and taking it to social media. Most have not experienced a down year and are getting pretty irritating to read.

Well Bama has the Tigers at home for the iron bowl. So that should work in the Tides favor to run the table. But I sure wouldn't bet against Auburn winning. But then again I don't bet.

bball":1zeao72m said:
Time to shuffle the rankings after todays events....
I don't think the ranking will change much, mostly because the current lower ranked teams have such poor schedules, tho I do see some comparison of 2016 Clemson to 2014's Florida State. FSU was ranked high for much of the late season, getting by, barely beating mediocre teams and then getting massacred by Oregon in the first playoff game. They should never have been in the 'final 4'. The same may hold true for Clemson if they win out this year. I think a couple of the 2 loss teams are actually a lot better than Clemson.

Houston with the seemingly typical let down after last week's huge win! Wonder how much the Herman coaching situation impacted them?

Got close at the end tho. Don't know how many starters Memphis returned from last year but they were 8-0 in early Nov 2015 and ranked middle of the top 25 until they lost to Navy then lost by only 1 point to Houston.
Maybe everyone will lose interest in Tom Herman now that the coogs lost again. :)

greybeard":1w8e4jhq said:
Got close at the end tho. Don't know how many starters Memphis returned from last year but they were 8-0 in early Nov 2015 and ranked middle of the top 25 until they lost to Navy then lost by only 1 point to Houston.
Maybe everyone will lose interest in Tom Herman now that the coogs lost again. :)

Memphis looked very 'pumped up ' to play Houston while Houston just didn't appear to be as fired up. I'm sure last seasons tough loss churned inside of the Memphis club for a full year.
I'm thinking coach Herman will still have ever plenty of schools courting him. Heck, I wish Notre Dame would at least give him a thought!

LSU has announced they are sticking with Orgeron. He plans on hiring "an elite offensive coordinator" ...His former associate and friend Lane Kiffen?

greybeard":33rp3oe6 said:
LSU has announced they are sticking with Orgeron. He plans on hiring "an elite offensive coordinator" ...His former associate and friend Lane Kiffen?

Yup, LSU asked Jimbo Fisher he said nah they asked Herman, he said I'm waiting for the longhorn sorry. LSU said well ah, Ed you were really our first choice. Herman to Long Horns Strong was shown the door this morning. We'll see what Oregon does in a couple of days.

greybeard":3d0t0tq3 said:
Might be a good match. Glad Orgeron got the job. He's worked his tail off for LSU.

Chilly day in Columbus Ohio as the Buckeyes pulled off a nail biter in double OT! Great game. Question is will Bucks play in the big 10 championship game or not..

ohiosteve":bk7048zm said:
Chilly day in Columbus Ohio as the Buckeyes pulled off a nail biter in double OT! Great game. Question is will Bucks play in the big 10 championship game or not..

Pretty sure it's them and Wisconsin

Alan":3c3l9k0u said:
ohiosteve":3c3l9k0u said:

After a Little research I'm not 100% sure. Bucks are list in first place in the east standings and Penn St second. Both have one conference loss and Penn beat the Buckeyes. Overall bucks have one loss and Penn St has two..... still think it's Ohio St and Wisconsin.

Alan":14ldxcg5 said:
Alan":14ldxcg5 said:
ohiosteve":14ldxcg5 said:

After a Little research I'm not 100% sure. Bucks are list in first place in the east standings and Penn St second. Both have one conference loss and Penn beat the Buckeyes. Overall bucks have one loss and Penn St has two..... still think it's Ohio St and Wisconsin.
It's an interesting situation for sure.

Just found out if Penn St wins today their in against Wisconsin. Not sure how Ohio St can be in the playoffs if they didn't win their conference.

Latest posts