Ready for Football and some Fall Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":cok69gnb said:
Dave":cok69gnb said:
Who would have thought that Washington would be this good. But they were a power house years ago under Don James. When he retired they went through a series of coaches who couldn't get it done. Then they hired Peterson. Remember how well Boise State did with him as their head coach. They didn't get the recognition because they played in the mountain west but they pretty well beat everyone they played. Now he is at Washington and suddenly they are playing great. It would be nice to be able to bottle whatever it is those winning coaches have because not everyone has it.
Dave I think the last Huskie game I saw Warren Moon was playing QB.....but he was a good one.

That has got to be a while back. Warren has to be in his 50's now. Thinking about it maybe his 60's. I have a cousin who was the starting tailback for Washington who is for sure in his 50's and he was there after Warren. Just looked it up. Warren turns 60 next month. It has been a while since he played college ball.

I am not sure about the game schedules for all the Northwest colleges, but any home games tomorrow will be interesting. It has poured down rain and the wind blown here yesterday and today. But the big storm is supposed to hit tomorrow. Winds 60 mph and raining buckets. I don't think any of the college have natural grass but almost all the high schools do. Those high school games should be real Mud Bowls tonight.

TexasBred":cyq1717d said:
Dave":cyq1717d said:
Dave I think the last Huskie game I saw Warren Moon was playing QB.....but he was a good one.

That has got to be a while back. Warren has to be in his 50's now. Thinking about it maybe his 60's. I have a cousin who was the starting tailback for Washington who is for sure in his 50's and he was there after Warren. Just looked it up. Warren turns 60 next month. It has been a while since he played college ball.

I saw Warren Moon on the news a couple years back--doing a celebrity/charity golf game in Houston with Dan Pastorini and Wade Phillips. I think it was the one Bum Phillips had started.

greybeard":19rr28lh said:
TexasBred":19rr28lh said:
Dave":19rr28lh said:

I saw Warren Moon on the news a couple years back--doing a celebrity/charity golf game in Houston with Dan Pastorini and Wade Phillips. I think it was the one Bum Phillips had started.
Always thought he threw the most beautiful spiral in football.....usually on the money too. Haven't heard much out of him in years but suppose to be a good guy.

Heck of a game last night between BYU and Boise St. SO MANY unusual aspects to that game. Not many teams will win with that many turnovers, but Boise St found a way.

Auburn going to gain any respect for absolutely dog-walking Arkansas? I bet Bama noticed!

How did my Ducks do last night? Never mind, neither I or my wife's little dog want reminded. :(

I have to gripe. Saturday I came in from doing chores and was going to watch a game while the wife was making me something to eat. 2:00 Pacific time in the afternoon, 5 channels with college games on, and not a single one of them from the western half of the country.

Dave":3m4gv617 said:
I have to gripe. Saturday I came in from doing chores and was going to watch a game while the wife was making me something to eat. 2:00 Pacific time in the afternoon, 5 channels with college games on, and not a single one of them from the western half of the country.

Welcome to the world of "east coast bias", but at least espn is good enough to start a west coast game at 7:30 Saturday night...10:30 pm east coast time.

ESPNs Finebaum speculated that Chip will be coming back to Oregon soon...largely based on 49ers record and Oregons record this season. Doesn't sound good for Charlie Strong in Texas either???

bball":6ha283ry said:
ESPNs Finebaum speculated that Chip will be coming back to Oregon soon...largely based on 49ers record and Oregons record this season. Doesn't sound good for Charlie Strong in Texas either???

The big media news out here yesterday was that Phil Knight was a guest of Chip Kelly's on the 49's sideline yesterday. I find it hard to believe Kelly would return to Oregon. some may not know this but Phil has a ton of money and likes spending it on "his" Ducks. :mrgreen:

Kingfisher":p0312zz9 said:
That Seahawks Cardinals game was a doozy! Pittsburg is good but Patriots are gooder :).
Man, you ain't kidding there King! That was a defensive slug fest. And a special teams/kicking nightmare.

Latest posts