Ready for Football and some Fall Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":2cadoz9o said:
ESPNs Finebaum speculated that Chip will be coming back to Oregon soon...largely based on 49ers record and Oregons record this season. Doesn't sound good for Charlie Strong in Texas either???
Strong is history. Just waiting for the season to be over with. They will win one more game this year...Kansas.

TexasBred":2st9o67t said:
bball":2st9o67t said:
ESPNs Finebaum speculated that Chip will be coming back to Oregon soon...largely based on 49ers record and Oregons record this season. Doesn't sound good for Charlie Strong in Texas either???
Strong is history. Just waiting for the season to be over with. They will win one more game this year...Kansas.

Do y'all in Tx think he was doomed as soon as he accepted the job? Some speculation that UT wasn't fully behind him (which I don't understand)

bball":2bv43gss said:
TexasBred":2bv43gss said:
bball":2bv43gss said:

Do y'all in Tx think he was doomed as soon as he accepted the job? Some speculation that UT wasn't fully behind him (which I don't understand)
No idea bball....a lot of pressure from alumni to hire him and he got a whopping big salary so I have to think they expected good things out of him. Texas is one of those places though that seldom gives you time to develop a program. They want immediate success at almost at any cost. Can't stand not being among if not at the top of the elite group. Not being biased just brutally honest. And if Shaka Smart doesn't come up with a champ in round ball he'll be next.

Kingfisher":30fzftla said:
That Seahawks Cardinals game was a doozy! Pittsburg is good but Patriots are gooder :).
NFL is rigged (just ask Trump)... a little known fact... in addition to the draft picks to Philly in the Sam Bradford trade,
Vikings also had to agree to throw the game when they played. :) Skol Vikings

Local hospital reported uptick in injuries from fair weather fans jumping off the Viking bandwagon.

TexasBred":20rh1dcn said:
bball":20rh1dcn said:
I think they will win 1 as well, but it's going to be the TCU game played in Austin, but since they already committed the UT cardinal sin of losing to the sooners, it won't help the case for Strong.
(Kansas is an away game @ Kansas--horns have had lots of trouble on the road)
As I said in another thread, being ranked #7 in a ten team conference that is the weakest of the power5 is pretty pathetic.

Charlie must have been reading the news stories and worried about his job--Texas beats Baylor ..Tenn loses 3rd straight in as many weeks.

greybeard":2j31to2d said:
Charlie must have been reading the news stories and worried about his job--Texas beats Baylor ..Tenn loses 3rd straight in as many weeks.

Four unbeaten teams went down today and I'm officially sick of the "Johnny come lately" Duck fans.

The play off ranking came out with Washington ranked #5. And they have yet to be on TV. Not that I am a big Husky fan or anything but the campus is less than 100 miles away. I do have a couple siblings who went to school there and a cousin who started as a tailback there too. One would think that an undefeated that is ranked #5 would somehow be worth watching..... but what do I know?

Dave":33tvyn7x said:
The play off ranking came out with Washington ranked #5. And they have yet to be on TV. Not that I am a big Husky fan or anything but the campus is less than 100 miles away. I do have a couple siblings who went to school there and a cousin who started as a tailback there too. One would think that an undefeated that is ranked #5 would somehow be worth watching..... but what do I know?
Can't believe you don't get at least some regional coverage. That sucks to high heaven. Does the Pac 12 have a TV network??

TexasBred":65j5hhkl said:
Dave":65j5hhkl said:
Can't believe you don't get at least some regional coverage. That sucks to high heaven. Does the Pac 12 have a TV network??

Not talking for Dave, but the Huskies have been on TV, just regional. And yes PAC-12 has their own network. While Washington has yet to play a "great" team they have played good teams. Sounds like espn is using the "shock jock" logic to get attention. First poll out and they put a one loss team over an unbeaten. With that said I realized who A&M lost too. Simply a long season left.

I think they said the Aggies had also beaten 4 top 25 teams (at the time they played) and Washington only 2. That had something to do with it. Tougher schedule.

I kinda/sometimes think the committee plays marketing/public relations games the first few weeks of their rankings, just to stir up interest. Remember 2014 when they ranked TCU in the top 4 (#3) right before the conference championship games started a couple years ago, which really started lots of discussion and interest & then the following week dropped them 3 places and replaced them with #5 OSU and Baylor, (FSU and OSU jumped TCU) even tho TCU won their remaining game? Marketing.

Alan":2z0p7vc5 said:
TexasBred":2z0p7vc5 said:
Dave":2z0p7vc5 said:

Not talking for Dave, but the Huskies have been on TV, just regional. And yes PAC-12 has their own network. While Washington has yet to play a "great" team they have played good teams. Sounds like espn is using the "shock jock" logic to get attention. First poll out and they put a one loss team over an unbeaten. With that said I realized who A&M lost too. Simply a long season left.

I will admit that I don't spend a lot of time watching college football. But when I come into the house and it is the time which I know the game is being played. Turn on the TV and find 6 different games and none of them are of teams from anywhere near here. Maybe my cable package doesn't include the right channel but wouldn't the #5 ranked team which is undefeated deserve to be on ahead of some considerably lower ranked team playing a three loss opponent?

Dave":1oi9s6rx said:
I will admit that I don't spend a lot of time watching college football. But when I come into the house and it is the time which I know the game is being played. Turn on the TV and find 6 different games and none of them are of teams from anywhere near here. Maybe my cable package doesn't include the right channel but wouldn't the #5 ranked team which is undefeated deserve to be on ahead of some considerably lower ranked team playing a three loss opponent?
Absolutely !! You'd think they would be thinking of ratings too...Seems the Pac 12 concentrates on USC, UCLA and Stanford and nobody else counts. Who really cares when Slippery Rock plays Old Dominion let alone sits down and watches it.

TexasBred":2fig446d said:
I think they said the Aggies had also beaten 4 top 25 teams (at the time they played) and Washington only 2. That had something to do with it. Tougher schedule.

I wonder what their loss to unranked Miss state will do to this?

hillbilly beef man":2ijhjfm4 said:
TexasBred":2ijhjfm4 said:

I wonder what their loss to unranked Miss state will do to this?

Well I could make excuses like you folks from Tennessee do but they kicked our but from start to finish and I would expect us to fall like a rock.

BTW congrats on the Vols really showing up Tennessee Tech Saturday. :mrgreen:

I hear they're still celebrating in Knoxville, and all the businesses are handing out free cupcakes.
Surely the Committee will sit up and take notice now. :hide:

greybeard":340mgnd9 said:
I hear they're still celebrating in Knoxville, and all the businesses are handing out free cupcakes.
Surely the Committee will sit up and take notice now. :hide:

After I was there Saturday I'm pretty sure they can afford to hand out rib-eyes. Taking a 3 year old with an appetite to the concession stand was not one of my smarter moves. :shock:

Latest posts