Rats invade Baton Rouge

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":10gkm0gw said:
That's some big rats.
they looked small to me, seen much bigger ones running around by the creek around the corner to us. and the ones around the fish market are about the size of a small full grown cat.

Deepsouth":ta2jcw9j said:
I luv herfrds":ta2jcw9j said:
Son got cousin's rat today with a shovel. No need to shoot it.
It had been hiding under the porch step and son with another guy started kicking rocks and the rat ran out and up the drain spout.
They plugged the drain spout and started filling it with water but son got bored and grabbed a shovel and unplugged the drain. No more rat.

And then the Lord called him home!

http://youtu.be/9Z0q2p8tVpM
Now you've gone and done it. From your link there are a bunch of Jerry Clower stories.
I am afraid I am going to spend too much time listening to them.

It has been a looong time since I have seen a really good gathering for a rat killin'.

Chuckie":339v5d0d said:
The owner is what makes a yapping dog.

I wish you would explain that to the coyotes. haha

My wife's cousins are the Escobars from Colombia and Ecuador so the skit about the Colombian woman killing the rat with a shovel always makes me laugh.

chrisy":2tqa1gi1 said:
Jogeephus":2tqa1gi1 said:
That's some big rats.
they looked small to me, seen much bigger ones running around by the creek around the corner to us. and the ones around the fish market are about the size of a small full grown cat.

Chrisy I think he was talking about Nutria. They came here from Asia aboard cargo ships and most are the size of a 30 pound dog.

JWBrahman":2yqds0ol said:
chrisy":2yqds0ol said:
Jogeephus":2yqds0ol said:
That's some big rats.

Chrisy I think he was talking about Nutria. They came here from Asia aboard cargo ships and most are the size of a 30 pound dog.
we have Coypu/Nutria here too but technically they are not rats, although people call them river rats.

I watched the film that JW posted of the rats running from hole to hole. If people with JR's were to go in town, they would probably put a ban on the JR's because of erosion control as they dig into the earth. :lol2:
I would take my JR's to that ditch and attach a long light weight rope to their collar to keep them from running a rat across the road in front of a car. It would be fun.

Chuckie":j7ekhn9h said:
I watched the film that JW posted of the rats running from hole to hole. If people with JR's were to go in town, they would probably put a ban on the JR's because of erosion control as they dig into the earth. :lol2:
I would take my JR's to that ditch and attach a long light weight rope to their collar to keep them from running a rat across the road in front of a car. It would be fun.

JR's would be in heaven there that is for sure.
People think cats control rats and mice the can't hold a candle to a JR.

Look what I found Caustic. One of these little dogs is a quick with the death bite to the head. It wounds it and drops it and then the other two will chew on it.
I didn't realize you could drive rats out of their holes with a leaf blower. I hope I never have rats, but it is good to know.
[youtube]8C_V3KAxtBQ[/youtube]

Here is a Rat Terrier catching a rat. Here you can see the difference in the hunting of the two dogs. I have had Rat Terriers, and they aren't as aggressive. They are good pets, just not as mean. I had a Rat Terrier/Fox Terrier named Minnie too. She helped Porky much like this little one.
He sure loves this little dog. Buster and Abbey are upset as this dog is barking......
[youtube]GAsEFAaibsk[/youtube]

Latest posts