Rats must have a cast iron stomach

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I've never had problems with mice or rats, but I went into one of the storage areas today, and rat turds everywhere on the floor. They had eaten 1/2 of a Rabon block and about 2 lbs of some old Fenbendazole dewormer (pellets) I had in a sealed plastic pail. (gnawed a hole in the pail lid).
Shouldn't that have killed them?

They should have no parasites so expect them to gain weight and breed back even better!

GB, when I was a graduate student one of my assignments was doing rat control. May not be obvious but Universities use rats and mice in all kinds of research. Some get loose. To feed the ones in research there is a room to store mice and rat feed. The ones that get loose usually go to the feed room and live. I don't know where they got their water. Probably plenty of water spilled here and there to give them a drink now and then. We were not permitted to use poisons. I was given a pellet gun. I had many enjoyable hours getting paid to sit quietly in the feed room and shoot feral white rats and mice.

GB I had a neighbor of mines dog break into my feed shed eat the 5lbs of rat poison I have poured out there and live he just threw up and was sick for a day and is still running around fine.

greybeard":109qjik0 said:
I've never had problems with mice or rats, but I went into one of the storage areas today, and rat turds everywhere on the floor. They had eaten 1/2 of a Rabon block and about 2 lbs of some old Fenbendazole dewormer (pellets) I had in a sealed plastic pail. (gnawed a hole in the pail lid).
Shouldn't that have killed them?
Not necessarily but it should help with weaning weights and fly control. :mrgreen: :hide:

Latest posts