rates for well drilling

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before (maybe even by me :D ) but I couldn't find it - anybody drilled a well in the last year or so? What is the going rate in your area and what does it include (casing and top or just the hole, casing in addition)

Just wanting a rough range. I'm guessing $12 to 20/foot.

Oh and anybody tried these guys? http://www.findwellwater.com/

3650 for up to 150 ft including 4"casing and 1 hp submersible pump and pressure tank

Aroung here...if you can find someone who is not too busy drilling other wells: Figure a 30 to 90 day wait...

For 6" plastic casing to accommodate a 4" submersible pump... Around $20 a foot PLUS pump, pressure tank, other controls.

Couple of years ago we had a 200' well dug (ran into quite a bit of gravel and limestone rock after 1st 75 to 100' or so) with a 10" plastic casing and a 7.5 HP submersible + tank & other controls: Was about $20,000. Good news is that we're getting about 125 gpm for our cattle use at our other place.

Nine years ago we had one drilled at our home place. Was 80' (lots of sand and small gravel) and put in 6" casing and 2 HP pump + tank & other controls: Was about $4,000 all total. Puts out about 80 gpm.

Latest posts