rat problem in barn

Help Support CattleToday:

i think introducing a couple of bull/king snakes would be a good option. they are wary of people but will eat mice and rats. don't leave as much of a mess either. just be careful they don't scare the merde outta ya. don't want to kill your solution.

msscamp":35pd4vwr said:
Crowderfarms":35pd4vwr said:
tnrichie":35pd4vwr said:
have rats in our barn and poision isnt doing the trick for us anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the pest
The best poison I've ever used is a Pellet called Havoc. When you find a dead mouse,/or rat it'll look like it went to a taxidermist. Makes them bleed to death internally (anti-coagulant) Another trick if you dont want to use poison is get a plastic garbage can, put about a pound of grain in it, and place it near an area where they can get in it, like next to a stack of bales, they climb in but can't get out.

For what it's worth, Ramik does the same thing. I truly hate to display my wimpiness on a public forum, but what the heck do you do with the rats after you collect them in a garbage can? Ewwwww!! I'd rather deal with fly traps!!!
Add water and stir... :shock:

cowgirl580":27ujkq1e said:
i think introducing a couple of bull/king snakes would be a good option. they are wary of people but will eat mice and rats. don't leave as much of a mess either. just be careful they don't scare the merde outta ya. don't want to kill your solution.
Snakes are great but they go on vacation for the Winter.

A few years ago my daughter brought home some rabbits. An old guy from europe told me their good for rats ; So I turned them lose ,now I have a small bush around the yard so it could be ideal for these creatures---But I use to lose my square straw bales when the rats would get in and chew the strings. ever since the rabbits came I hardly ever see a rat. I think the rabbits can go under old buildings and hay stacks and chase them away, anyway with the dog around and the odd cat, Ive never had a population explosion amazing how things work If we let them sometimes, Years ago I hired an exterminater spent a lot of money still had lots of rats.

Latest posts