Rare Sight

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Hardly see any brahman heifers at an auction. Let alone this many. Hoping they dont bring in as a group or atleast if they do accept the request for choice. I cant afford them all.

BK9954":124rm0nh said:
Hardly see any brahman heifers at an auction. Let alone this many. Hoping they dont bring in as a group or atleast if they do accept the request for choice. I cant afford them all.
Just hold your hand up til they call your name :D There's $ to be made just reselling them.

Like I figured, group of 3 $1400 a head. Cant tie up $4200 more this week. They are trying to flip them on craigslist and facebook for $2000 but I prefer beef price.

BK9954":3bbac5ct said:
Like I figured, group of 3 $1400 a head. Cant tie up $4200 more this week. They are trying to flip them on craigslist and facebook for $2000 but I prefer beef price.
There will always be more cattle than I have money.

Yeah, I am really just here looking for a jersey heifer to turn into a nurse cow. Those brahmans make me salivate.

Rafter S":14sq2y3n said:
It looks like they need better groceries than they've been getting. Good luck with them.

Yep, only part of them they was feeding real good is them ears. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they are brining that through the yard (the picture may be unflattering, but they don't look like superior animals), what do they bring in an arms length transaction?

Caustic Burno":1ctqvtnf said:
Bigfoot":1ctqvtnf said:
If they are brining that through the yard (the picture may be unflattering, but they don't look like superior animals), what do they bring in an arms length transaction?

2K easy from a known source.

Yup, depending on how well they filled out and their age... it would not have been hard to get $2K. If I was in the trading business I would have snatched them up, put them in a 20x20 pen to mellow them out, then turned them out on grass. Might even put a bull on them and sell them as bred in the spring.

I've been looking at more straight brahman cattle than I care to remember the last couple months. Most places I went to their weaned heifers started out at $1800... weaned heifers... some registered some not. That was the bottom side of the group too. They were not show stoppers. If I saw what looked like a nice heifer you could be she was $2300+............ weaned heifers! :shock:

Brute 23":tz2hq6gy said:
Caustic Burno":tz2hq6gy said:
Bigfoot":tz2hq6gy said:

2K easy from a known source.

Yup, depending on how well they filled out and their age... it would not have been hard to get $2K. If I was in the trading business I would have snatched them up, put them in a 20x20 pen to mellow them out, then turned them out on grass. Might even put a bull on them and sell them as bred in the spring.

I've been looking at more straight brahman cattle than I care to remember the last couple months. Most places I went to their weaned heifers started out at $1800... weaned heifers... some registered some not. That was the bottom side of the group too. They were not show stoppers. If I saw what looked like a nice heifer you could be she was $2300+............ weaned heifers! :shock:

It always cost more to go first class

You would never see any here, if you did it would be at jersey/longhorn prices.

Bigfoot":1ppvnomc said:
You would never see any here, if you did it would be at jersey/longhorn prices.

They had some open F-1 tigerstripe heifers in Carthage TN a couple weeks ago that weighed 950 bring $1400. I thought that was a pretty good price for this part of the country. Those straight Brahman heifers are worth more that you would think too. A buddy of mine sold a couple off the farm the other day for $1000 a head weighing 600.

Good Lord, I'm in the wrong bidness . . . . . . . . . . . .how long does it take to get one of them to weigh 600 lbs?

Brute 23":1fybmtw0 said:

Sounds like a moneymaker for someone.

At that price - - why don't they raise them and then truck them in to Texas from Mexico or Florida or wahtever?

Stocker Steve":3lf4z1wz said:
Brute 23":3lf4z1wz said:

Sounds like a moneymaker for someone.

At that price - - why don't they raise them and then truck them in to Texas from Mexico or Florida or wahtever?

I'm not following you. Why would we want to buy cattle from Mexico? I can't really think of any thing Mexico does better than the US. Seems like they would want our cattle more than we would want theirs.

Latest posts