Rare - medium rare please.

Help Support CattleToday:

These are CAB rib steaks. Very similar to what they display at Kroger in Maysville. Walmart has choice rib steaks that rival these.

True Grit Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
True Grit Farms said:

Even though the steak was excellent my son couldn't eat the whole thing.

Too much or didn't like it?

To much for Slicko, 36 oz t-bone before cooking. Sometimes a picture doesn't do the animal any justice.
I'm 5'8 210 or so. But given the right circumstances on beer I've been know to eat some. Over 2# of steak tho I can see why he couldn't. That's a lot of meat!

True Grit Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
True Grit Farms said:

Even though the steak was excellent my son couldn't eat the whole thing.

To much for Slicko, 36 oz t-bone before cooking. Sometimes a picture doesn't do the animal any justice.
Sadly, some folks would cook that steak to well done (or worse) and end up with a piece of dried out tasteless meat less desirable than store bought economy 'on sale! select' beef.

Wife and I went to Golden Corral a few weeks ago and they had "all you can eat, grilled to order" top sirloin. Usually not my favorite. I have no idea where they got it or it's grade, but the guy doing the grilling knew his business. Took it raw but already seasoned from a tub of steaks and plopped it on the grill and said "Tell me when". it was seasoned nicely, dang tender for a sirloin, and I ate way more than I should have. If it hadn't been 25 miles away (one way) I would have gone back the next night and done it again..it was that good. A good grillsman can make a lot of difference.

greybeard said:
True Grit Farms said:
Bright Raven said:

Sadly, some folks would cook that steak to well done (or worse) and end up with a piece of dried out tasteless meat less desirable than store bought economy 'on sale! select' beef.

Wife and I went to Golden Corral a few weeks ago and they had "all you can eat, grilled to order" top sirloin. Usually not my favorite. I have no idea where they got it or it's grade, but the guy doing the grilling knew his business. Took it raw but already seasoned from a tub of steaks and plopped it on the grill and said "Tell me when". it was seasoned nicely, dang tender for a sirloin, and I ate way more than I should have. If it hadn't been 25 miles away (one way) I would have gone back the next night and done it again..it was that good. A good grillsman can make a lot of difference.

sirloin cooked right will beat any other cut hands down in flavor and tenderness .

Greybeard, that's why I order my steak rare - medium rare and not medium - rare. I always tell the server that I don't want a medium cooked steak. The Golden Corral in Houma La has better sirloin steaks than the Longhorns across the street.

Latest posts