Range cube price

Help Support CattleToday:

That was the price quoted to me on the phone at the coop in Mena. Fortunately, the other feed store in town has them for $9.25, but they expect a big uptick on the next shipment.

the last cubes i bought cost $8.65 at the local feed store. the feed mill that we normally buy from was out of bulk cubes but had 50# sacks for $9.75.

Caustic Burno":187qwppy said:
After what I seen come out Missouri yesterday you can't buy enough cube's.

Hey Good morning. How long does it take a cow to recover from that sort of malnutrition if it gets back to some good groceries?

Kingfisher":94t8bz9z said:
Caustic Burno":94t8bz9z said:
After what I seen come out Missouri yesterday you can't buy enough cube's.

Hey Good morning. How long does it take a cow to recover from that sort of malnutrition if it gets back to some good groceries?

I would say six months from what I seen. Now there is no way on the good Lord's green earth I would have bid on one of those cow's in the shape they were in. IMO a person that let's there cattle get in that shape, I will stop right there.
I was actively biding yesterday on charbray's and braford's and they were bringing top dollar.
These cattle out of Mo. lost 30 to 40 cent's a pound on kill price's. A lot people started leavin the sale when they seen the condition of these cow's.
We all went to the sale expecting to see poor cow's and try to help some neighbor's a lot of the cow's were on the verge of starving.

Something I learned about starved animals. When they get in bad shape, it starts to affect their bones and organs. Some may not fully recover and some you can get back in shape, but their life span is shortened and they can collapse without warning. (heart attack).

Our local feedmill is closing the doors.
Sure hope some of the livestock infrastructure is still left when this is done running its cycle.
I think the local salebarn is next (if they don't have deep pockets)- just not enough cows around anymore.

Hobby farmers are getting out just as fast as they can- and we aren't even in a drought area.

Howdyjabo":2q9ffshz said:
Our local feedmill is closing the doors.
Sure hope some of the livestock infrastructure is still left when this is done running its cycle.
I think the local salebarn is next (if they don't have deep pockets)- just not enough cows around anymore.

Hobby farmers are getting out just as fast as they can- and we aren't even in a drought area.
sometimes areas like yours dies but no 1 knows why.it just makes things harder for those thats left.

Urbanites- they want land to play with or develop.
Its only a matter of time before there is no RURAL left here.

Latest posts