DO you do RHV, or VRH?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

blackcowz

Reaction score
Hi all! I think I'm the newest newbie so far on this site. I was going to just ask if any of you here were involved in Ranch Horse Versatility (Or, Versatility Ranch Horse.) That's about the only category I show horses in and just was checking to she if anyone else showed or was interested in it.

Not I. But I'm shopping for a ranch horse as we speak. I'm not sure exactly what all is involved in being a ranch horse, but I think that's what I would like to ride.

Near as I can tell, there's not much ranch horse activity going on around here (oentral Texas).

Really? Usually when you read about big ranch horse events, they're in Texas. In Colorado, we have a Rocky Mountain VRH association. I'm sure if you checked, there would either be local, state, or regional ranch horse horse groups to join. But I envy you because with the 100's of production sales down there, you could probly pick up a very nice pony.

No, I'm not involved, but I'd like to be if I had time. The SHOT program sounds like a good all around contest to me.

Welcome Jim!

SHOT is the launching pad for ASHA..(American Stock HOrse Assocation)
They are having their first ASHA show in November in Waco. I was hoping to go, but finances will determine that as the day gets closer. :(

I encourage anyone to attend..very nice people and a pretty fair contest. I dont do the trail, we mainly do the reining and the cowhorse..but its still a really fun organization.

Personally, I think horses need work. I like to train my horses for rope work, moving cattle, riding fence, ground tie, I'm working on hobbling my mare, moving through water, etc. I guess you could say that's ranch work. Iowa has a Ranch Horse Association and right now I wouldn't have the time to compete, but if I would ever compete that's what I'd like to do. I tend to reach for the bridle before the truck keys when work needs to be done about the place. I don't know how people without horses get by! :cboy:

Welp, some have decided that replacing a horse with a contraption called a 4-wheeler is O.K. :roll: Which is fine if you have really fat cattle that can't run very far before they tire out. But on the other hand, if you have a raw, lean cow that can cover dirt, nothing beats a fast pony and a long rope. :cowboy:

Latest posts