ran a calf to death? How to avoid?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hope the new guy hangs out. People are judgemental by nature. It draws attention away from thier own faults. It's the adult equivilant of a bully.

thank you..thank you very much...for some reason i cant place..this post is reminding me of the f[ing scum that didnt stand and salue the flag when they played the national anthem before the fireworks...the wife was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more pissed than me..all you non patriots and pu##sys carry on

why is it the low post count people always piss everyone off..really..someone tell me cuz this board has gone to ****..im one of those illiterate f99ks tho so maybe ill just go away and let the little girls play...this place used to be so cool to hang out

gary

Don't worry Gary. Post more and you won't pizz people off any more. In the meantime just drink more beer and it will all be good.

Don't worry Diesel I got jumped on for saying......wait for it.......wait for it......that a cow should protect her own calf and that during a drought when you are having to hay and feed cows, that should be grazing, that you should sell your sorry donkey. But what do I know I'm just a stupid redneck.

circlew":19h11fow said:
Don't worry Diesel I got jumped on for saying......wait for it.......wait for it......that a cow should protect her own calf and that during a drought when you are having to hay and feed cows, that should be grazing, that you should sell your sorry donkey. But what do I know I'm just a stupid redneck.

See that post for my overdue apology

circlew":1ued3amr said:

Dang! I missed that one.

Brute 23":337shxux said:
circlew":337shxux said:

Dang! I missed that one.

Its in the coffee shop under the thread about a desert.

dieselbeef":lkjzg0bs said:
IluvABbeef":lkjzg0bs said:
I think you just answered your own question. :roll: You ran it to death, you overworked it, and you just made things far worse than what they started off with. Ever heard of CALM handling?? Yes, you shouldn't have chased the crap out of this calf, just let him be, coax/bribe him back in with feed, anything that avoided chasing. And even better, not push it so hard that you made it run to freakin' death!

I'm resisting the urge to call you something I'm probably going to regret when this thread is let go... :bang: :hide: :x

uh-oh..you must be one o them illiterate ones like me :deadhorse: :deadhorse: bad bad girl..go sit in the corner :dunce:

Yeah...I guess four years of university didn't help in this situation... :roll:

IluvABbeef":fz5pr3ch said:

Am I mistaken or wasn't it you and, who at one time, your family that raised feeders?

I seem to recall a bunch of posts from a bunch of years ago that you made with regards to feeder calves.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And Bez.....it's good to see you posting again from time to time.

Katherine

I will say this it takes one he(( of a man to run a 140lb calf to death.I would think if the calf was healthy in the first place it would be impossible on foot.The little feller had to have something else going on to my thinking.Don't beat yourself up on it things that you wouldn't possibly think would happen will,when you deal with cattle.We are all still learning. You can filter through the replys here and find some real good advice.

Cal

Workinonit Farm":3hjzdvo3 said:
IluvABbeef":3hjzdvo3 said:

Am I mistaken or wasn't it you and, who at one time, your family that raised feeders?

I seem to recall a bunch of posts from a bunch of years ago that you made with regards to feeder calves.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Katherine
You're not mistaken, it was me and my family that did that. Why do you ask?

IluvABbeef":hay4hp28 said:

Because several of the posts in this thread are giving you flack about not "personally owning" cattle (which may be true at this particular date in time) and therefore insinuating that you have no cattle knowledge, which isn't true at all.

So, I just wanted to be sure I had my facts straight before I made any comments in your defense that you do indeed have experience and knowledge in the field of cattle. Because some of the newer members may not be aware of this.

That's why. :)

I'm finished with my hijack, and sorry about my part in hijacking.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1x278ejo said:
IluvABbeef":1x278ejo said:

Because several of the posts in this thread are giving you flack about not "personally owning" cattle (which may be true at this particular date in time) and therefore insinuating that you have no cattle knowledge, which isn't true at all.

So, I just wanted to be sure I had my facts straight before I made any comments in your defense that you do indeed have experience and knowledge in the field of cattle. Because some of the newer members may not be aware of this.

That's why. :)

Ahh okay. Yeah i do have experience, but admittedly not as much as many of the other members on here. But the fact that I own no cattle was really uncalled for, a stupid reason for picking on me for posting the way I did. I may not own a big cow-calf herd like a few others on here do, but at least I'm smart enough to take in the kind of information I get on here and share it back with others, if and when possible.

There are those who jump to conclusions, and then there are those who make assumptions and end up making an a$$ of themselves.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

i hope this htead dont die..this is fun

hey ive noticed alotta newbies on here with less then 50 posts or so that are pretty dang critical of things..not that i could even begin t care less...jus' sayin

cuz after all..this is the internet..and im an illiterate douche...im so dumb i couldnt even stay at a holiday inn express last night

btw hook..if yer still in this one...i dont do much with beer anymore