ran a calf to death? How to avoid?

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef":2o3u090w said:
I think you just answered your own question. :roll: You ran it to death, you overworked it, and you just made things far worse than what they started off with. Ever heard of CALM handling?? Yes, you shouldn't have chased the crap out of this calf, just let him be, coax/bribe him back in with feed, anything that avoided chasing. And even better, not push it so hard that you made it run to freakin' death!

I'm resisting the urge to call you something I'm probably going to regret when this thread is let go... :bang: :hide: :x

uh-oh..you must be one o them illiterate ones like me :deadhorse: :deadhorse: bad bad boy..go sit in the corner :dunce:

Brute 23":11uyb52w said:
IluvABbeef":11uyb52w said:
Since I've been getting some flack for saying what I did (even AFTER I apologized to the OP!!) here's why my and the two consecutive posts were like the way they were: The thing we first noticed and obviously could not ignore was the title ran a calf to death. So sorry I was the first one to notice this and say something about it and was so "perfect" about it. :roll:

I'm done here.

So..... You judged the book by the title? :???: Any one who has cattle can look at that title and say there has to be more to the story.

Apparently, yeah, which turned out to be a big mistake, and a really stupid one at that. :dunce: :bang:

The higher the horse, the more painful the fall.

Seems like the OP was asking for help, which was given by some eventually, but the early attacks were both unwarranted and unhelpful. Probably chased off another new member. It's the reason I don't post much.

Carpenter2n":19w01oiq said:
The higher the horse, the more painful the fall.

Seems like the OP was asking for help, which was given by some eventually, but the early attacks were both unwarranted and unhelpful. Probably chased off another new member. It's the reason I don't post much.

:nod: :secret: :secret: :secret: Okay I have to,yes another newbie ran off the boards. :mad:

Alan

Brute 23":1g9z2kgd said:
Ya... some one three weeks from now will probably dig this post up and chew on IluvABbeef a little more. :lol2: Its that pack mentality.
You are so right.
But ILB showed the predator instinct. Pouncing on a lone vulnerable target.
But overall the boards are not nearly as rugged as they once were.

Ryder":27x3i8m4 said:
Brute 23":27x3i8m4 said:
Ya... some one three weeks from now will probably dig this post up and chew on IluvABbeef a little more. :lol2: Its that pack mentality.
You are so right.
Yea, I liked it better with a few more a-holes around. Keeps things hopping.

Isomade":14oorejt said:
Ryder":14oorejt said:
Brute 23":14oorejt said:
You are so right.
Iso haven't you heard? It's a kinder, more gentle world now. :banana:

Isomade":3ntllj9c said:
Ryder":3ntllj9c said:
Brute 23":3ntllj9c said:
You are so right.
I'm right here :wave:

Brute 23":2i6cu2nv said:

Bring it on. I started this sh!t storm anyway so I deserve it.

As for the predator thing, here's a little-known fact about me: according to the Chinese zodiac, I'm a tiger, so that might have something to do with it all. :lol:

Ryder":3j5mhys7 said:
Brute 23":3j5mhys7 said:
You are so right.

Boy that's the truth, a couple of years ago it was "post but wear Kevlar".

Iluvabeef, you're fine ..... Tiger! :D

Alan

This might help you a little...if there are alot of emoticons in a post ignore it. It is mostly for entertainment purposes & has little educational value attached to it.

There is an ignore feature one can use. It also has an option where one can read the drivel if one desires emtertainment.

Floyd":1amnsnnc said:
This might help you a little...if there are alot of emoticons in a post ignore it. It is mostly for entertainment purposes & has little educational value attached to it.

There is an ignore feature one can use. It also has an option where one can read the drivel if one desires emtertainment.

You can get posts with no emoticons and they'll be nothing more than for entertainment purposes too. Sometimes a post with lots of emoticons isn't necessarily a sign that that post is full of BS or adds no value. Just saying.

And the "ignore" feature is more about adding someone to your "Foe" list, vs. Friends. For most of us it's rarely used, but it is used if there's someone who's posting nothing but crap (and you can use your own definition for this)--be it ranging from nothing but BS or someone that posted something that really offended you and you don't want to have anything to do with them ever again--every time they invite themselves to a thread.

I think this thread's been hijacked enough, so hopefully I'm the last one to post here.