RAIN

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":1snsa0rw said:
I have had more rain in the last two weeks than I had for the first 7 months of this year. 9 1/2 so far.
Here's the deal. We got just a tick shy of 15 inches the first 10 days of august. Then no more till a couple of days ago then just a tenth here and there. We were well behind for the year until those first days of august, no we're over for the year but starting to head back to normal or below. So be happy when you get it and just deal with it, wether it be floods or drought it's just how things are.

We got all of our rain this spring when the crop was going in so they were all late.We have not had a rain of over a 1/10 inch since the 18th of July. The front last night dampened the rain gauge but not enough to measure.50miles north or south have had a lot of rain this summer but it splits in the western part of the state and we have been out of luck! Decatur the closest town to me had 4/100 for August and not much more this month.

mwj":1cislkye said:
We got all of our rain this spring when the crop was going in so they were all late.We have not had a rain of over a 1/10 inch since the 18th of July. The front last night dampened the rain gauge but not enough to measure.50miles north or south have had a lot of rain this summer but it splits in the western part of the state and we have been out of luck! Decatur the closest town to me had 4/100 for August and not much more this month.
For what it's worth, my grandpa was from Austin up in the north western part of Macon County, and my grandma was from Decatur.

hurleyjd":3eb03an9 said:
I have had more rain in the last two weeks than I had for the first 7 months of this year. 9 1/2 so far.

I have got 10 inches in the same time period and we are still behind.
My stock tanks and ponds still haven't gone over the overflows.
First time in my life when we got the 6 inches you could drive a tractor through my bottom pastures and not leave a track.
Normally after a rain like that the only thing that could walk across those bottoms is a wood duck.

Latest posts