Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad to hear you got some rain! Thank God, I been praying for ya'll. :D

Our grass in our yard don't grow. Which is fine, we only have to mow 4-5 times a year. Hows the weather today?

Caustic Burno":23blan89 said:
Life is so much better with the ignore list.

There's been a certain somebody on my ignore list for a long time. Works great unless they are quoted and the person doing the quoting is someone you read regularly.

It seems a few others might benefit from that ignore list if they are offended by someone. Just remember that if they are quoted, you still see the posts. Just choose to not read them. Don't respond either. Eventually they just go away anyway.

Seems as though we are at the opposite end of the spectrum.....I'd gladly send y'all some rain if I could. We've had more than I care to think about in the last week or so with more to come...we'll be hard pressed to get into the field to plant this fall. :frowns:

We're getting another shower this evening along with a stiff wind. Sunday night the wind took down a lot of corn around here and tonight will take down a little more. Our corn in this area has been extremely stressed due to the dry weather. My brother who sells seed corn explained to me a few years ago the hybrids are bred to cannalbilize itself to produce grain. I guess everthing has its cost.

Oldtimer":2a6mgm2l said:
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/56729/blue-norther-heads-toward-texa-1.asp

I see where the weatherfolks are predicting a "blue norther" - which should bring some moisture to Oklahoma and Texas mid week...

Saying it could produce quite a snowstorm in the Colorado Rockies...We have a good chance of getting some rain (and possibly a little snow) the next couple of days..
I sure hope so OT, things are starting to look up around here. :D

slick4591":1f6dr27f said:
Another chance Monday. They say about a 70% chance and calling for 1/2 to 1 inch for my area.

I'm actually a little optimistic this time.....

hipacsat_None_anim.gif

Been 35 days since the last rain...(sort of the rhythm of late so the timing is right)
Tropic jet is flowing over us at the moment....
Front is moving in from the pacific NW....

Something in the air last night....or was it something NOT in the air, smelled of air cleaned and freshened up by rain.

I'd say it's our best chance of late to get some...

TennesseeTuxedo":xmc4xeps said:
That map is beyond cool. How'd you post it?

Good luck with the rain.

Same way you post pictures........copy the url and insert between img][/img

Beginning to look iffy....but still best opporunity in a long time for us...

1982vett":2uk2t5wg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2uk2t5wg said:
That map is beyond cool. How'd you post it?

Good luck with the rain.

Same way you post pictures........copy the url and insert between img][/img

Beginning to look iffy....but still best opporunity in a long time for us...

They are predicting some heavy rain for here starting tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night.

Let us know when it shows up Caustic. Doesn't matter, Vette and I will haul what we have left over to your stock pond by tomorrow afternoon. You wanted to dig that pond out anyway, right?

jedstivers":1ikdh2ym said:
You can have my share on this one, I need it to stay dry for another few weeks. We are supposed to get 1.5"
I'll take it! Another 4-5 inches and I can get these cows off rural water.

Latest posts