RAIN

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Been raining here since before daylight, HARD. Thunder and no let up. Couldn't get a decent rain all Summer. Bet we've had 3-4 inches this morning. Now I got to go tend ranching, rain or not.

Same here. Rotated cattle to new pasture about 7am. The new cow/calf didn't get it. Spent about four hours trying to get them to GET IT! They finally got it :roll: Lets see what happends when they need a drink.(thats probably when I will need one)

On another note mnmtranching, you talked about all of the ducks in North Dakota on another thread. Husband is heading that way for opener and wants to know if this was anywhere near Jamestown? Care to share ;-)

Stay Dry

MM

We couldn't get rain for anything all summer.....now I feel like I should start building my Ark! All I see out there now is lakes. Oh and that darn lightning! I hate lightning with a passion.
The ground was so dry all summer it looked just like the Badlands in North Dakota but at least things are greening up now. I had to sell off most of my calves because I didn't get enough hay for all of them and the horses & pastures were awful. Hopefully , this will pull us out of the drought we have been in the last couple years.

Kelly":3u3d6gdr said:
We couldn't get rain for anything all summer.....now I feel like I should start building my Ark! All I see out there now is lakes. Oh and that darn lightning! I hate lightning with a passion.

That sure was quite a storm! I don't ever remember lightning going on for over 24 hours straight! Didn't lose power except for a couple of short blips. I heard there were lots of trees down by Remer. Time to clean up the mess!

Hey Minnesota! Could y'all put some of that rain on a truck and ship it to Mississippi? We're bone dry...hoping the tropical storm that is in the Gulf will push some moisture this way. By the way, I have a neighbor, delightful elderly woman, that grew up in Bemidji(?). She married a local boy after the big war and moved to his family's farm which they run to this day. She's told me many times that I don't know what cold is. I know that's right!

AND :shock: During the night, I think 3-4 in the morning, Wind Hail, And VERY heavy rain :shock: :shock: :help:

We have water and Mud everywhere :stop:

MistyMorning":xzu9s2r9 said:
Same here. Rotated cattle to new pasture about 7am. The new cow/calf didn't get it. Spent about four hours trying to get them to GET IT! They finally got it :roll: Lets see what happends when they need a drink.(thats probably when I will need one)

On another note mnmtranching, you talked about all of the ducks in North Dakota on another thread. Husband is heading that way for opener and wants to know if this was anywhere near Jamestown? Care to share ;-)

Stay Dry

MM

MM, ND had good rainfall last Summer, potholes are full of water and ducks. I was on I 94 going through the Jamestown area, but could see many potholes and larger bodies of water ALL with ducks. I think there will be great hunting near the Jamestown area. Do you hunt Pheasants in ND?

mnmtranching":3gr5p5ay said:
Do you hunt Pheasants in ND?

I'd just better pm you that information ;-)

The husband was through that area several times this summer and said the water situation looked great. He was very pleased to find out there are ducks in those holes now!

angie":38sj0rju said:
Rain was great but our basement flooded :( We got lots and lots too!

Angie our sump pump has been working in overdrive! What a weird day though. Started out warm and humid now the wind is howling out of the northwest and the temp has dropped 10 degrees. Leaves falling like crazy! What next tonight, snow? :(

I was just saying the same thing.... the weather has been changing every 5 minutes today. I don't remember ever having thunder/lightning storms continuously for that many hours in a row. 24 hours? This morning was so warm & muggy & now these strong north winds feel like winter is coming. Very strange weather we are having that's for sure.

I was slow to get going AGAIN :oops: :oops: this morning.
Looked outside, Looked real cold. :(
Put on the long johns double layer sweatshirt, top one with hood. :roll:

Guess What? Very warm and HUMID :oops: :oops: :oops:

But then the temps dropped fast, by afternoon the long johns 8) 8) :D

mnmtranching":v0w7w352 said:
I was slow to get going AGAIN :oops: :oops: this morning.
Looked outside, Looked real cold. :(
Put on the long johns double layer sweatshirt, top one with hood. :roll:

Guess What? Very warm and HUMID :oops: :oops: :oops:

But then the temps dropped fast, by afternoon the long johns 8) 8) :D

I did the same thing!

TheBullLady":2vphmc5x said:
I'm glad to hear you're getting some much needed rain, but longjohns?? That ain't right... :cboy:

Quite honestly ~ mine only come off for about a week in July. I don't belong here..........

Latest posts