Rain Suit

Help Support CattleToday:

jnm303

Reaction score
Any suggestions for rain suit. One I use now good as far as waterproof but doesn't "breath" so in warm weather I am about as wet from sweat as I would be from rain. The golfer in me allows me to spend for goretex: the farmer doesn't. What other options are out there?

You can also look at rain suits for backpackers and hikers. Lots of stuff on eBay from people that went into hiking full bore and decided it wasn't for them. Probably not as durable as you might need, but those people are cutting edge when it comes to gear.

You can also look at rain suits for backpackers and hikers. Lots of stuff on eBay from people that went into hiking full bore and decided it wasn't for them. Probably not as durable as you might need, but those people are cutting edge when it comes to gear.
Yup, I've got a set of Marmot Precip jacket and pants that I'm pretty fond of. Bought a set of knock-offs from Cabela's to use where I thought I'd tear up the expensive ones and they're nowhere near as nice - anything with a loose mesh liner is a pain to get on/off.

Unless it's cold, I generally do what I've always done. Just get out in it and get wet.
Learned decades ago gonna end up wet no matter what I wear, either thru sweat or rain so make it easy on myself from the get go. Cold weather it's a mil surplus poncho.

Maybe I should re-think things. Poured 4" of rain out since midnight.

Weather Alerts-Cleveland, TX

Flood Advisory from FRI 9:12 AM CDT until FRI 11:15 AM CDT

1 of 2

Action Recommended

Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued By

Houston/Galveston - TX, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Liberty County

Description

The National Weather Service in League City has issued a Flood Advisory for... Harris County in southeastern Texas... Northwestern Liberty County in southeastern Texas... Southern Montgomery County in southeastern Texas... Southern Polk County in southeastern Texas... San Jacinto County in southeastern Texas... Until 1115 AM CDT. At 912 AM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 3 and 5 inches of rain have fallen. Some locations that will experience flooding include... Conroe, Humble, Tomball, Cleveland, Willis, Livingston, Pinehurst, Kingwood, Spring, The Woodlands, Oak Ridge North, Shepherd, Panorama Village, Shenandoah, Splendora, Patton Village, Roman Forest, Woodbranch, Cut And Shoot and Coldspring. Additional rainfall of 1 to 2 inches is expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated, or ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent. Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots. Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you can do so safely.

Flash Flood Watch until SUN 7:00 AM CDT

2 of 2

Action Recommended

Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued By

Houston/Galveston - TX, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Northern Liberty County

Description

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING... The Flash Flood Watch continues for A portion of southeast Texas, including the following areas, Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Houston, Madison, Montgomery, Northern Liberty, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker and Washington. Through Sunday morning Showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain were ongoing early this morning across portions of the Flash Flood Watch area. These storms area expected to sag southward through the morning bringing heavy downpours with additional rainfall accumulations of 3 to 6 inches possible today. Storms may weaken or depart the area by late afternoon but more storms are expected late Saturday and through Sunday morning. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to Flash Flooding. Flash Flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

Dang the luck! 😀. Had 1/10th for the past 2 days this morning before I left. Radar looked like we got some after but I don't know how much.

Frog Toggs here too. They are great other than they rip easy. But they are cheap enough you don't have to expect them to last long.

Kenny, although we've been short on rainfall, at least we are still green. Hopefully fires won't be a problem for a little while.
Greybeard is getting wet again, unless he's in the house.... 😃

I just came in about 45 min ago. The rain stopped yesterday afternoon but started back up slow and steady about midnight and continues.
I haven't been out on the roads today but sister texted me and said there was flood water on the highway nearest me. I expect the river to encroach on the pastures tonight and tomorrow, but shouldn't be too bad. Should crest Monday about 10" below Hurricane Harvey level.

Kenny, although we've been short on rainfall, at least we are still green. Hopefully fires won't be a problem for a little while.
Greybeard is getting wet again, unless he's in the house.... 😃
Good for you guys. Only times I have been in TX when it b was wet was during hurricanes. And even then 3 days later it seemed to me that it would burn.

Latest posts