Rain in the Gauge

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1010707.jpg

Got 1.1" Wednesday night. Big relief to the grass. Hoping for more over the weekend.

so glad to here that you got 1.1 inches of rain.hopefully itll keep raining.an that will get the grass growing good.

That calf sure hasn't missed any meals. The words butterball fat and slick comes to mind. Given the circumstances of the drught, looks to me that you are doing an excellent job.

We've been more fortunate than some other parts of the state and southeast U.S. region. That 1.1" is the biggest rain we've had in a while. What we've been getting is 2 or 3 or 4 tenths at a time maybe a couple times a week or less -just enough to keep the grass percolating. Dig down a few inches in the soil and you'll find dry dirt. Last year we experienced severe drought here, I had to supplement hay the whole summer -this year way better even on the minimal rain we've received. I haven't had to supplement any hay since early May. Hope everybody gets the rain they need in the coming days and weeks.

Thats great!

Thursday night we had a big storm right in the middle of the night, pretty severe lightning too, but we got 2.5 inches out of that. The next night right at dark we got 2/10ths and then today during the middle of the day we got another 2.5 inches. pond is almost full. creek is running!

Beefy":3la9xgf4 said:
Thats great!

Thursday night we had a big storm right in the middle of the night, pretty severe lightning too, but we got 2.5 inches out of that. The next night right at dark we got 2/10ths and then today during the middle of the day we got another 2.5 inches. pond is almost full. creek is running!

Hooooray!!!!!! :D

Alice

Glad for you, beefy. That's some serious replenishment. If you could just break me some off and send it this way :lol: .

Latest posts